About ISPO Business
What do we offer?
ISPO student placements enable UK companies to further their international business goals. For over 21 years ISPO has been successfully matching the skills of international students to the requirements of UK companies.
The role of ISPO
ISPO actively recruits international interns for exporters. We advertise opportunities across Europe, we interview candidates and organise interviews for you. Once you have selected the candidate(s) you require you will continue to receive the support of ISPO throughout the placement. For example, we will organise your interns' accommodation, collect them on arrival and remain in regular contact to ensure you are satisfied with the experience.
How can ISPO help you? The ISPO service has many benefits for you as the Host Company:
- The students we provide are selected around the criteria specified by you, allowing us to select the student who most compliments your business.
- An immediate "native-guide" & further research into new overseas and local markets.
- First-hand knowledge of the business culture and consumer attitudes of overseas markets.
- A solution to language barriers and international communication difficulties.
- A cost-effective and flexible solution to short term staffing shortages allowing you to fill a position with a highly motivated member of staff.
- Eliminates the time and trouble of finding temporary workers with the right skills for short-term projects.
- Savings on both time and money in respect of training, as ISPO students are well-trained young professionals who can contribute immediately to the success of your business.
How are students selected?
Initially an ISPO co-ordinator will discuss your placement opportunity with you in detail. This can be done either face to face or over the telephone. We will then advertise the opportunity in relevant universities across the European Economic Area. We will carry out interviews with applicants who match your requirements and share their details with you. If you want to interview them we will arrange this for you to suit your convenience so that you can make the final selection. Our interview covers the following areas:
- Level of spoken English
- Academic background
- Previous work experience
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Interests, hobbies & other achievements
What is the role of the HOST Company?
- An organisation wishing to host an ISPO intern must be in a position to provide a placement that matches the needs of the applicants. As highly skilled people the students - and their universities - will expect that a certain amount of responsibility and a range of activities. They will be skilled enough to handle this - our selection process will ensure it - and be better positioned to achieve successful results for your organisation.
- A full induction and placement/project brief is conducted during the first week. ISPO can assist with the provision of inductions if required.
- Students must be allocated a supervisor whom they can turn to for support and direction whenever required. Supervisors should hold regular meetings with interns so that progress can be discussed.
- Facilities are available on a daily basis, including Desk, Computer, telephone, information and any specialist facilities.
- As placements are ultimately sanctioned by the student's university there will be a requirement to fill in some brief paperwork.
- The host company is required to cover the costs of a student's accommodation and the student's daily travel costs in the form of a bus pass (see below).
- ISPO will usually take responsibility for the organisation of accommodation. However, when a placement takes place outside the Midlands region or South Yorkshire then the host company will be required to assist and carry out house viewings when necessary.
How much will it cost me to use the ISPO service?
ISPO, as part of the East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire), is a non profit service and, therefore, aims to provide as cost effective a service as possible. The cost effectiveness of the service is further assured as host companies are not required to pay ISPO interns a salary. This is because they are in receipt of government approved EU funding (Erasmus+ or governmental funding) which exempts placements from the National Minimum Wage Regulations.
The costs are as follows:
- Placement Management Fee: Extremely competitive, but please check with your local Chamber
- Students' accommodation: Approximately of £370.00 - £400.00 per month.
- Students' daily travel costs. This does not involve you paying for flights, which are the students' own responsibility. Rather, you are required to meet the cost of student's travel to and from the office each day be it bus, train or tram fares or the price of their fuel.
- Through our relationships with members and patrons we want to create opportunities for International undergraduates and graduates for various projects, consultancy, placements and permanent positions. Do you have an opportunity to help us, help the next generation?
- If you do require Chinese or any other languages, please give us a call we can also help you find the right candidate with other languages than just European.