Diane Beresford is the Chamber's Deputy Chief Executive.
Diane began her career with North Derbyshire Chamber in 1986 where she developed the UK online for Business service and set up the region’s eBusiness Club, which offers a range of service to support businesses to use technology to improve business performance.
She left the Chamber in 2002 to set up her own company DSA Ltd, which developed and managed a number of publicly-funded digital support programmes across the region, working with organisations such as the East Midlands Development Agency (emda), Accelerate Nottingham and East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire).
Diane returned to the Chamber in 2012 and, in addition to her Deputy Chief Executive duties, her extensive portfolio includes:
- International Trade services including documentation, International Student Placement (ISPO) service, events and forum activities and regional Enterprise Europe Network contract
- Chamber Training and the delivery of the Apprenticeship service and Work Programme recruitment service
- eBusiness Club including the £6m European funded Digital Business Growth Programme
- Business Training ranging from leadership and management, people development, International Trade and ICT
Diane represents the Chamber on the following groups:
- D2N2 LEP Growth Hub Board
- Leicester and Leicestershire LEP Business Gateway Board
- Leicester and Leicestershire LEP People Board
- European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Sub-Committee (for D2N2 and Leicestershire and Leicestershire)
- D2 and N2 Skills and Employment Board
Diane lives in Holymoorside, Chesterfield with her son and two daughters.