How to secure Public Sector Contracts - North Nottinghamshire
Venue: Summit Centre; Kirby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Date: Tuesday, 19 November 2019
Time: 8:00am - 10:30am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This free event focuses on public procurement processes, and seeks to boost the confidence of smaller organisations to tender for locally-available work in the North Notts area (with a limited amount of spaces available, kindly note that this is aimed at local firms only in the Mansfield, Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Newark and Sherwood areas).
It aims to clarify the processes involved, showcase where the opportunities are to be found - including the support available - as well as to share some examples of best-practice.
In conjunction with Nottinghamshire County Council, Mansfield Borough Council, Ashfield District Council, and other public bodies to be confirmed shortly, the Chamber has organised this seminar - aimed primarily at small firms and social enterprises - operating in and around North Nottinghamshire.
Public sector organisations have proactively taken steps to simplify the process involved, so that local firms no longer feel inhibited from pitching for available contracts, many of which are broken down into smaller components that represent lucrative and accessible opportunities for SMEs and social enterprises.
In a bid to keep their expenditure local, the public sector is also eager to clarify some common misconceptions about what the process entails, as well as to welcome more tenders to help raise quality standards, extend their supply-chain, and promote best-value.
This seminar offers an informal opportunity to raise any questions (or concerns) about existing processes. It also provides suppliers with the know-how to identify contract opportunities, and to understand the “do’s and don’ts” of tendering.
There will also be information about Source Nottinghamshire, as well as the support the Chamber is able to provide.
- Welcome, context and purpose of today's seminar
- Overview: tendering with the local authority – Notts County Council
- Tendering with the NHS and other partners (to be confirmed shortly)
- Q&A session with the Panellists
- Support available from the Chamber
- Best-practice tips and hints
Benefits of Attending
- Explanation of public procurement processes and platforms
- Clarification of any aspects perceived as barriers to pitching for public contracts
- Identify where the opportunities are to be found
- Understand the “do’s and don’ts” of the tendering process
- Feel more confident about pitching for locally-available work
Submit your booking today using the form below.