How to Secure Public Sector Contracts – North Nottinghamshire
Type: Local Area Events
Venue: Newark and Sherwood District Council, NG24 1BY, Nottinghamshire
Date: Wednesday, 11 March 2020
Time: 8:00am - 11:00am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This free event focuses on public procurement processes, and seeks to boost the confidence of smaller organisations to tender for locally-available work in the North Notts area (with a limited amount of spaces available, kindly note that this is aimed at North Notts firms based in Newark, Sherwood, Mansfield and Ashfield areas).
It aims to clarify the processes involved, showcase where the opportunities are to be found - including the support available - as well as to share some examples of best-practice.
In conjunction with Nottinghamshire County Council, Newark & Sherwood District Council, the NHS, University of Nottingham, Via East Midlands, and Silverlock Tenders, the Chamber has organised this seminar aimed primarily at small firms and social enterprises.
Public sector organisations have proactively taken steps to simplify the process involved, so that local firms no longer feel inhibited from pitching for available contracts, many of which are broken down into smaller components that represent lucrative and accessible opportunities for SMEs and social enterprises.
In a bid to keep their expenditure local, the public sector is also eager to clarify some common misconceptions about what the process entails.
This seminar offers an informal opportunity to raise any questions about existing processes. It also provides suppliers with the know-how to identify contract opportunities, and to understand the “do’s and don’ts” of tendering.
There will also be information about Source Nottinghamshire, as well as the support the Chamber is able to provide.
- Welcome, context and purpose of today's seminar
- Overview: tendering with local authorities – Nottinghamshire County Council
- Tendering with the NHS
- Tendering with the University of Nottingham
- Tendering with Via East Midlands
- Q&A session with the Panellists
- Support available from East Midlands Chamber
- Best-practice tips and hints - Silverlock Tenders
Benefits of Attending
- Explanation of public procurement processes and platforms
- Clarification of any aspects perceived as barriers to pitching for public contracts
- Identify where the opportunities are to be found
- Understand the “do’s and don’ts” of the tendering process
- Feel more confident about pitching for locally-available work
PLEASE NOTE: A full confirmation will be emailed to all delegates approx 5 working days prior to the event - if you have any questions regarding the above, please contct the Policy Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your booking today using the form below.