How to Secure Public Sector Contracts in partnership with Mansfield District Council
Type: Local Area Events
Date: Tuesday, 21 September 2021
Time: 9:00am - 11:15am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This free event, delivered in partnership with Mansfield District Council, focuses on public procurement processes and seeks to boost the confidence of smaller organisations to tender for locally-available work.
On the day we aim to clarify the processes involved, showcase where the opportunities are to be found - including the support available - as well as to share some examples of best-practice.
Public sector organisations have proactively taken steps to simplify the process involved, so that local firms no longer feel inhibited from pitching for available contracts, many of which are broken down into smaller components that represent lucrative and accessible opportunities for SMEs and social enterprises.
In a bid to keep their expenditure local, the public sector is also eager to clarify some common misconceptions about what the process entails.
This seminar offers an informal opportunity to raise any questions about existing processes. It also provides suppliers with the know-how to identify contract opportunities, and to understand the “do’s and don’ts” of tendering.
- 9.00am - Welcome to the session, East Midlands Chamber
- 9.05am - Mansfield District Council new Procurement Strategy & commitment to sustainability in line with Council’s declaration of a climate emergency - Andy Abrahams, Mansfield District Council Executive Mayor
- 9.20am - Overview of current business support, funding and Business Rates relief in Mansfield - Fardad Amirsaeedi, Enterprise and Investment Senior Regeneration Officer, Mansfield District Council
- 9.35am - Selling to the Council process / promotion of workshops with local businesses for under £50k contracts - Dan Clover, Quantity Surveyor in Design Services at Mansfield District Council - Includes Q&A
- 9.50am – Selling opportunities to the Council - Dan Clover, Quantity Surveyor in Design Services at Mansfield District Council - Includes Q&A
- 10.05am - Local authority procurement – Nottingham City Procurement Service - Sue Oliver and Paul Ritchie, Procurement Category Managers, Mansfield District Council – Includes Q&A
- 10.35am - Bidding for public sector contracts – Best practice in developing a tender - Dewi Hughes, Managing Director, Silverlock Tenders
- 11.00am - Any final questions
- 11.15am - Close
Benefits of Attending:
- Update on the new procurment strategy
- Explanation of public procurement processes and platforms
- Clarification of any aspects perceived as barriers to pitching for public contracts
- Identify where the opportunities are to be found
- Understand the “do’s and don’ts” of the tendering process
- Feel more confident about pitching for locally-available work
PLEASE NOTE: A full confirmation will be emailed to all delegates prior to the event, please put the date in your diary.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contct the Policy Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Held in partnership with:
With thanks to:
Submit your booking today using the form below.