Friends of Queen’s Park Cricket Business Breakfast: Wellbeing in the Modern Workplace
Venue: Chesterfield Cricket Club, Derbyshire
Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2019
Time: 7:30am - 9:30am
Available To: Anybody
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Celebrating 125 years of cricket in Chesterfield during World Cup year, this Festival incorporates a business breakfast aimed at embracing that heritage as well as the role that cricket play can play as a healthy lifestyle, given the significance of wellbeing to both employers and employees alike in the modern workplace.
Opening the batting, this event features an audience with Geoff Miller OBE, a former Derbyshire and England cricketer and selector; and with Ryan Duckett, the CEO of Derbyshire County Cricket Club.
We shall also examine the efforts that local employers are making on issues relating to the health and wellbeing of their staff at a time where higher productivity is being expected from ever-scarcer resources. Addressing these issues will be Dr Jeff Breckon, of Sheffield Hallam University’s Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre; followed by an interactive Q&A with a business audience.
- Welcome / Introduction – Neil Swanwick, Chair of Friends of Queen’s Park Cricket
- Video: Cricket at Queen’s Park, Chesterfield – past, present and future.
- Friends of Queen’s Park Cricket- Business links
- Derbyshire CCC and Cricket in Chesterfield
- Ryan Duckett (CEO of Derbyshire CCC)
- An Audience with Geoff Miller OBE (President of Friends of Queen’s Park Cricket, former Derbyshire and England cricketer and former England selector, followed by a Q&A; 25 mins)
- The Significance of Health and Wellbeing in the Modern Workplace Dr Jeff Breckon, Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre, Sheffield Hallam University (20 mins)
- Q & A with the audience
- Closing Remarks and thanks Peter Kennan; Trustee, Friends of Queen’s Park & Private sector Board member of Sheffield City Region Local Enterprise Partnership
Benefits of attending/who should attend:
Business owners, Directors, Finance Managers, MDs, CEOs, Operations Managers
Interact with leading figures that have a prominent role in Derbyshire’s cricketing heritage
Gain an insight into the often-overlooked significance that wellbeing has in workplaces across the locality
- Share your observations and flag-up any specific issues pertinent to your working environment, and that might need publicising in the press
Delegates will also have access to the ground for the remainder of the first-class cricket match taking place on the day.
Kindly supported by/with thanks to:
Submit your booking today using the form below.