Shaping the design of Apprenticeship Service, with the Department for Education
Venue: Chamber offices, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Date: Thursday, 24 January 2019
Time: 9:00am - 10:30am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This event will be delivered by Vanessa Clynes, Lead Service Designer for the Apprenticeship Service, whose role is to oversee the design of the service and to work with the deputy director to set its future direction. Vanessa’s background is in user research and user experience design, and she has previously worked on the National Careers Service.
In addition to this we will have a short presentation from Andrew Marsh, Head of Employment and Skills, Derbyshire County Council who are interested in talking to businesses in relation to the potential for the Council to transfer out 10% of their levy to local supply chains.
This event is for any businesses that currently do not pay into the apprenticeship levy, currently provide apprenticeship opportunities or would consider doing so in the future.
The event will provide delegates with:
- An introduction to apprenticeships service for businesses
- Information about what is happening in the future with the apprenticeships service
- A preview of the upcoming apprenticeships campaign
- An overview of the collated feedback from the businesses who have taken part in the pre-call* (detail will be anonymised)
By attending you will be able to:
- Share your views and experience of apprenticeships as a business, share what is working well and what could be better.
- Hear about the experiences of other businesses.
- Hear about the things that are coming up in the apprenticeships service for businesses.
- Get a sneak preview of the upcoming apprenticeships campaign website.
For those who are interested we would ask that you part in a 1-1 (circa 30 minute) pre-call research discussion, to share their thoughts/experience with apprenticeships as a business and feedback on the design of an upcoming apprenticeship campaign.
This feedback will help the Education and Skills Funding Agency (part of Department for Education) to design the apprenticeship service in a way that, as much as possible, meets the needs of businesses.
By booking to attend this event we will ask you whether you would be willing to take part in the pre-call.
Held in partnership with
Submit your booking today using the form below.