Type: Information and Policy
Venue: Gateley plc, Leicester City, Leicestershire
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019
Time: 8:15am - 10:30am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: £30.00+VAT
As a Chamber we want to provide support to businesses – particularly SMEs – to engage in community activity in a way that provides impact for both them and the community they’re working in and to understand the benefits of doing so.
The Chamber wants to create more opportunities for businesses to engage in CSR activity and we see ourselves as having a role in linking businesses with communities.
In pursuit of this vision we have a new organisational Goal: To demonstrate and develop the links between successful businesses and thriving local communities.
To support this work, the Chamber is partnering with Leicester Cares to deliver this event which aims to support businesses to develop a proactive and impactful approach to CSR.
- 8.00am –Registration, teas and coffees and networking
- 8.30am Introduction to the session, what is CSR and why is it important - Chris Hobson, Director for Policy and External Affairs, East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
- 8.40am -Welcome from the host, Gateley Legal, plus an overview of the importance they place on CSR, covering what they do and why - Fiona Debney, Legal Director, Gateley Legal
- 9.00am - Business case study, the importance of CSR activity, sharing best practice - Colin Fyfe, Chief Executive Officer, Hinckley and Rugby Building Society Business
Speaker Biography: Colin joined Hinckley and Rugby Building Society in November 2018 after leading the Darlington Building Society since 2014. Prior to that Colin worked for 29 years in banking with Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks. He worked in commercial and corporate banking, risk management and marketing and held the position of Divisional Director in his last role. Colin supports a number of charitable and social organisations and has a strong interest in the Building Society sector and says “I have been very impressed by the values, the customer focus and the collaborative spirit within and between Societies. The Building Society allows me to focus on what counts and not just what is counted"
- 9.20am- How to maximise the impact of CSR activity for the community (tbc)
- 9.40am - Profiling the Together Project - Leicester Cares.
- Leicestershire Cares has been awarded a grant of from National Lottery Community Fund for the "Together Project", the project aims to broker partnerships between business, community and local government across the city and county to build on a bedrock of existing good practice and will seek to support community groups that are supporting isolated and vulnerable people.
- 10.00am - Some practical next steps to engaging with CSR acitvities in your organisation - Leicester Cares
- 10.20 –Close, networking
Benefits of attending
- This forum is for those businesses looking to develop and/or expand their CSR acitvities
- Hear about the current thinking on the business benefits from local businesses
- Engage with a local project which supports isolated and vulnerable people
- Network with like minded individuals
In partnership with:
And Chamber Patron:
If you have any queries about this event please contact email@example.com
Once you have booked a place please put the date in your dairy, joining instructions will be sent out at least one working week in advance of the event.
Submit your booking today using the form below.