Employer Guide to Traineeships
Type: Information and Policy
Date: Tuesday, 15 June 2021
Time: 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This event will be delivered as part of Skills Week and in partnership with the Education Skills Funding Agency/Department of Education and will provide an up to date overview of the Traineeship offer for employers and provide you with the opportunity to ask questions.
The event will take place using MS Teams, please register your detail below and we will send the link to join the meeting in due course.
A traineeship is a skills development programme that includes a work placement. It can last from 6 weeks up to 1 year (although most will last for less than 6 months).
Traineeships help 16 to 24 year olds - or 25 year olds with an education, health and care (EHC) plan - get ready for an apprenticeship or job if they don’t have the appropriate skills or experience.
Benefits to employers
- is flexible, can be sector focused and is funded by the government
- gives your current employees experience in training and mentoring
- allows you to design a programme that suits both the needs of your business and the needs of the trainee
- can help you increase capacity and productivity
- can help you develop a loyal and talented workforce
- allows you to help tackle youth unemployment
- is a route into an apprenticeship
- allows you to get to know and work with young people prior to recruiting apprentices
Employers who make new work placement opportunities available may also receive an incentive payment of £1000 per learner, for up to 10 learners. Up to date guidance on this new incentive will be provided in this session.
Held in partnership with
Please register your interest below and put the date and time in the diary, details will follow at least one week before the event.
Submit your booking today using the form below.