East Midlands Manufacturing and Engineering Conference 2020 - Sustainable Manufacturing
Venue: HL Plastics, Denby Hall Business Park, Denby, Derbyshire
Date: Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Time: 8:30am - 1:00pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: £25.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £75.00+VAT
Sustainable Manufacturing in the East Midlands
This year’s conference will focus on some of the strategies, efficiencies and support available to business which enables the creation of manufactured products in a way that reduces pollution, energy use and looks to reduce waste, whilst remaining economically viable and competitive.
Sometimes described as the three “P’s” (People, Profit, Planet) or also known as the three pillars of social, economic and environment –the conference will explore, through a range of keynote presentations and panel discussions, the elements that will ensure the East Midlands is at the forefront of the national and international drive to operate in increasingly more environmentally manner, along with exploring the associated business benefits.
With its manufacturing heritage, innovative business and academic base, the East Midlands has the raw ingredients to be at the forefront of driving forward the future of sustainable manufacturing and transitioning to a low carbon economy.
To put in context the Business Sector accounts for around 18 per cent of all carbon dioxide emissions in the UK, so the time to develop long term carbon reduction strategies, to reduce the impact of Climate Change is definitely upon us and cannot be ignored. We may also see increased regulation and legislation in response to plans set out in October 2019, by the government, to tackle climate change as a response to the recommendations from the Committee on Climate Change (CCC). With the direction of travel going further than the Clean Growth Strategy (Oct 2017) - and with the government legislating that the UK have net zero emissions by 2050 - the businesses that plan to address how they become more efficient and environmentally aware will find it easier to transition to a low carbon economic model.
On the day the conference will:
- Look the support available to the manufacturing sector to implement changes in their practices to transition to a low carbon economic model, to understand the opportunities and threats with regards to costs savings, to supply chain management, procurement opportunities, health and wellbeing and reputational impact
- Detail how to develop robust sustainable supply chains
- Explore how we develop and maintaining robust links between academia and business to use the wealth of knowledge and support available from the Universities in the East Midlands, especially how we envisage the circa £2bn investment slated for development of low carbon technologies
- Explore how the business community can influence the future direction of policy with regards to sustainable, low carbon legislation, to ensure it is fit for purpose
- Understand how business and local/national government can work together to become more sustainable
- Hear about how to address the future skills needs that will arise from the developing low carbon economy
- Understand the developing green finance models
- Provide exemplar case studies
- Enable networking with your peers over refreshments and a buffet lunch
The conference is kindly hosted by HL Plastics:
To follow in the coming weeks
With thanks to our event Partner and Headline Sponsor:
With thanks to our event host:
Delegate price includes refreshments and a buffet lunch, networking and the opportunity to tour the venue facilities.
There will be a number of exhibtion stands slots available at this event, to request the detail please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A range of sponsorship opportunities exist for this event, and so if anyone is interested in finding out more about the packages available, please contact email@example.com or call 0333 320 0333 ext. 2006
Confirmation of your booking:
A full confirmation with parking and directions will be emailed to delegates approx. 5 working days prior to the event - an invoice for your delegate place(s), will be emailed to you once your booking has been processed. We ask that all invoices are paid prior to attending the conference.
Submit your booking today using the form below.