People and Skills Week
People and Skills Week took place from 14-18 June. The week brought together businesses alongside academic institutions and thought leaders to identify the practical steps our region can take to address the challenge of accessing people with the right skills.
The week explored the skills required to support recovery and growth, to what extent they exist in the region, and how we can work collectively to deliver skills for the economy beyond the recovery.
Sessions delivered throughout the week explored:
- Reducing the impact of the pandemic on the jobs market
- Ensuring training provision is responsive to employers needs
- Capturing the productivity benefits gained over the past year
- Delivering the skills that will respond to the climate emergency
- Supporting the transition of young people into the jobs market