East Midlands Energy Summit - 2020
Date: Thursday, 19 November 2020
Time: 9:30am - 11:30am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Held in partnership with the University of Nottingham (Energy Innovation and Collaboration team) the 2020 East Midlands Energy Summit will explore how Government, businesses, academia and civil society come together to ensure that clean growth can underpin our future economy.
With the seismic shift in the economy and the way businesses look to develop new ways to operate, there is no better time to focus on the opportunities and the potential for this agenda to deliver green shoots and economic opportunities.
With its diverse business base, energy generation expertise and innovative acumen, the East Midlands has the raw ingredients and opportunity to be at the forefront of the future of energy generation, security, supply, storage and the wider pro-environmental agenda.
Building on the 2019 Summit this event will provide a platform for businesses to explore what this means for them and the roles they can play as Government looks to transition the UK to a low carbon economy.
Through a range of keynote presentations, panel discussions and Q & A sessions the Summit will explore:
- national policy driving and supporting change;
- regional opportunities;
- ability to reduce business costs;
- opportunities to pivot your offer;
- self-sufficiency to improve business resilience;
- innovation leading to new products and services;
- making your business attractive to new talent;
- developing business opportunities in new, more demanding, supply chains
- Understand the future of energy supply, demand and security and the implications for your business
- Understand how the current political environment may impact on energy supply and cost
- Hear about the development of new technologies to ensure business demands are met in the near future and beyond
- Understand the direction of travel and future of energy supply and cost
- Be part of the discussion on what the regional energy strategy should look like
- Explore the range of support available to business in the region, which support reduction of energy usage and your carbon footprint
Who should attend?
Senior management, business owners and decision makers from all sectors, particularly those responsible for operations, facilities management, energy contract management, business sustainability and environmental activities, plus policy makers, local authorities and those working in any field in, or aligned to, the energy sector.
How to book your free place:
The Summit will be delivered via the online platform "GoToWebinar"
Please book below and we will forward the link to join the event. You will be provided with easy to follow information of what you need to do to access the webinar, should you have not used GoToWebinar before.
The session will also provide delegates an opportunity to ask questions via text in real time on the day, these will be answered throughout the webinar at an appropriate time.
The full agenda is to be finalised, the Chamber reserves the right to amend the content, delegates will be provided the detail of the final agenda prior to the event.
In Partnership with:
Privacy Information from the University of Nottingham
We may share your data with colleagues for the purpose of communicating with you and facilitating your company’s relationship with the University. We may also contact you about similar events in the future.
Once booked please note the event in your diary - a full confirmation with directions and parking instructions will be emailed to you at least 7 days prior to the event.