Brexit and Trade Conference
Venue: Enterprise Centre, University of Derby, Derby, Derbyshire
Date: Tuesday, 29 October 2019
Time: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Brexit and Trade Conference - East Midlands
With increased political uncertainty - What next for business?
The dedicated conference is designed to provide the most up-to-date Brexit information facing East Midlands businesses.
The aim of the Conference is to provide information and support to businesses with a potential no-deal Brexit around the corner.
The Conference will attempt to answer key questions such as:
- How will my business trade?
- What additional import and export costs shall it incur?
- What duties will apply?
- How can I mitigate against uncertainty due to Brexit?
- How will the political situation affect the economy and my business?
- How will we stay globally competitive?
- How will my workforce be affected?
- How will the supply chain be affected, how can I mitigate against this?
- What alternative products can I buy instead?
- What do continuity agreements mean for my business?
- How will my contracts be affected? What should I be doing now?
- What macro-economic factors are likely to occur and what will they mean for my business?
What is the value in attending this conference?
We know that businesses are looking for advice, guidance and a steer as to how to prepare and position their business before and post Brexit. It is aimed that attendees to this event will :
- Understand the latest position on Brexit in regards to trade
- Hear from active specialists sharing their knowledge and insights
- Recognise and prioritise repercussions of leaving the European Union
- An opportunity to interact and network with other businesses facing similar challenges
The programme agenda includes a number of keynote speakers focussing on the two key themes of trade and skills.
|8am - 8.30am||Registration and refreshments|
Welcome and opening address
Scott Knowles, Chief Executive, East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
Simon Hart, Brexit Lead Partner and Head of Knowledge Management, RSM
A lively summary of topical matters business leaders should be both aware of and consider, in relation to Brexit, global trade, global risks and geopolitical matters.
Unlocking Productivity using Innovation and Skills
Professor Warren Manning, Pro Vice-Chancellor and Dean of the College of Engineering and Technology, University of Derby
Why the Industrial Strategy, decarbonisation, skills and innovation mean productivity gains for the UK economy and businesses.
Building Agile Businesses - Panel and Q & A
Chair: Dr. Pete Dewhurst, Commercial Director, University of Derby
Panel includes: Simon Hart, Professor Warren Manning, Barry Aldridge, Marketing Manager at Tidyco, and Anil Jassi, Sales Manager at Moneycorp.
The panel will take questions and debate the topic of staying agile in uncertain times.
|10.10am||Break and refreshments|
Exporting to the EU - Get ready for Brexit
Speaker: Ian Harrison, Head of Exports, Department for International Trade in the Midlands
Impact on supply chains, changes to regulations and contracts, where to find tariff information, and what to communicate with customers and employees.
Top Five Things SME's to Look Out for with Business Energy
Speaker: Sam Edwards, Partner Channel Manager UK, The Consultus International Group
Considering rish, demand, compliance and resilience what changes are afoot within business energy after Brexit.
Creating Prepared Businesses - Panel and Q & A
Chair: Kevin Harris, Office Managing Partner, RSM
Panel includes: Ian Harrsion, Sam Edwards, Saira Demmer, CEO at SF Recruitment and Keith Mannas, Sales & Marketing Director, Fujichem, Sonneborn.
The panel will take your questions and debate the topic of creating prepared businesses.
Dr.Nik Kotecha, Chief Executive, Morningside Pharmaceuticals
Chris Hobson, Director of Policy and External Affairs, East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
Business Readiness for Change - Workshop Sessions: details can be found via HERE and must be booked separately
Business Readiness for Change Workshop Sessions
The Chamber is organising a series of workshops and seminars to ensure businesses are up to date, informed, and crucially, well prepared for all eventualities or changes that might need to be implemented in light of the UK's exist from the EU.
Three separate workshops will take place immediately after this conference, on the following topics:
- Managing Contracts and IP
- Risk Management and Strategic Planning
- Understanding the implications of cross-border trade and specifically custom declaration changes
You must book, in advance of the conference, to attend these FREE workshops. Click the name of each workshop above to book your place.
Submit your booking today using the form below.