Construction and Property Forum
Type: Information and Policy
Venue: HL Plastics, Denby, Derbyshire
Date: Thursday, 11 July 2019
Time: 8:00am - 10:00am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: £30.00+VAT
The Chamber’s Construction and Property is designed for those businesses involved in the construction and property sector to come together to discuss a range of sector specific topics, share best practice, the latest technological developments, economic environment, sustainable construction and employability and skills. The forum also affords delegates the opportunity to network with like-minded businesses and feedback areas of opportunity and concern.
This forum is kindly hosted by HL Plastics, one of the UK’s leading PVCu extrusion companies. Its premises consist of a purpose-built extrusion plant, warehouse and offices in Denby, Derbyshire, together with one of the biggest PVCu mixing plants in Europe. The Liniar brand was created by HL Plastics provides a range of products for the construction sector, waterways, retention and flood prevention.
- Welcome from HL Plastics
- What’s new for the construction sector? - The latest rules and regulations that construction companies need to follow, along with latest updates on tax savings from RSM UK
This will include:
- What reverse charge mean and how it will affect the construction industry.
- The type of businesses anticipated to be most likely be affected;
- What you need to do if you are within the domestic reverse charge rules – its interaction with Making Tax Digital; and
- Actions you need to take
- Latest updates on capital allowances - including recent changes to the Autumn 2018 budget which introduced Structure and Building Allowances (SBAs)
- Latest updates on contaminated land remediation relief
- What you need to do if you are within the domestic reverse charge rules
- Why construction companies need a digital strategy - Jake Third, Client Services Director, Hallam Internet
Jake was made a Director of Hallam following 4 years of driving business growth. In the same year, he was Commended as Young Director of the Year by the Institute of Directors (IoD). As Hallam’s Client Services Director he introduces clients to Hallam’s team of experts and strives to deliver an outstanding client experience. Jake’s strengths are in consultative business development, analytical thinking, and digital marketing strategy. The presentation will cover:
- Insights into the construction industry & digital trends
- The digital marketing landscape
- What goes into a successful digital strategy
Other speakers to be confirmed
With thanks to our host
And Chamber Strategic Partner:
Confirmation of your booking
A full confirmation with parking and directions will be emailed to delegates approx. 5 working days prior to the event. If this is a paid for event, an invoice for your delegate place(s), will be emailed to you once your booking has been processed. We ask that all invoices are paid prior to attending the event.
Submit your booking today using the form below.