Construction and Property Forum
Type: Information and Policy
Date: Friday, 21 May 2021
Time: 10:00am - 11:30am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This online webinar will be delivered in partnership with the Energy Innovation and Collaboration team at the University of Nottingham
Please book below and we will forward the link to join the event.
The session will also provide delegates an opportunity to ask questions on the day, these will be answered throughout the webinar at an appropriate time.
About the forum
The Chamber’s Construction and Property is designed for those businesses involved in the construction and property sector to come together to discuss a range of sector specific topics which include areas such as the latest technological developments, legal updates, the economic environment, sustainable construction and employability and skills.
- 10:00 - Welcome from the East Midlands Chamber
- 10:05 - Overview of the new Future Homes Standard - Jayne Meakin, Legal Director, Shakespeare Martineau will provide an overview of the changes that came out of the Future Homes Standards Consultation, in relation to the new regulations for domestic and non-domestic properties.
- 10:20 - The Trent Basin Community energy project - Professor Mark Gillott will explain how the Trent Basin in Nottingham is being used to demonstrate how buildings and communities can adapt for the future.
- 10:35 - Sustainability in the built environment - Professor Lucelia Rodrigues will explore how vehicle-to-grid technology can help decarbonise our communities.
- 10:50 - Pulse Technology – a new way of measuring buildings for air tightness - Luke Smith, Management Director, Build Test Solutions, will describe how working with the University helped bring the Pulse product to market and how it will change the way buildings are measured for air tightness.
- 11:05 - Opportunities to innovate and collaborate with the University of Nottingham - Steve Closs,Energy Innovation and Collaboration, University of Nottingham will give an overview of the range of energy support available to businesses.
- 11:15 - Q&A
- 11:30 - Close
With thanks to:
Please note:Your data will be shared with the University of Nottingham’s Energy Innovation and Collaboration team for the purposes of reporting to funders. You may be contacted about further support on offer from the University and events that you may find of interest.
Please book your place below and put the meeting in your diary, a link to join the webinar will follow prior to the event taking place.
The Construction and Property Forum is supported by Chamber Patron:
Submit your booking today using the form below.