Transport, Logistics and Infrastructure Forum
Venue: West Notts College, Derby Road, Mansfield, Notts, NG18 5BH, Nottinghamshire
Date: Tuesday, 7 July 2020
Time: 8:15am - 10:30am
Available To: Anybody
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: £30.00+VAT
The Chamber places transport and logistics high on its policy agenda, given its high importance to both the region and its businesses. This forum aims to address specific issues affecting our region, covering a range of topic areas such as the development of logistics hubs in the region, infrastructure updates, technological developments, reduction of carbon emissions, employment and skills development and general policy updates.
- 08:15 - Registrations, teas and coffees
- 08:45 -Welcome - East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
- 08:55 - Welcome and overview of support for employers from our host - John Wilson, Head of Department Engineering & Transport Skills, West Notts College
- 09:15 - Approach to pothole repairs and Highway Maintenance / Asset Management strategies - Ian Patchett, Highways Asset Manager, Via East Midlands Limited*
*Via East Midlands provides sustainable highways services for Nottinghamshire and across the wider East Midlands region.
This includes the maintenance of roads, footways, signs, lines, lighting and signals, salting and snow clearance, the delivery of highway improvement services and the management of activities needed to support the county’s highway network.
- 09:35 -Benefits of gaseous fuels and the opportunity for the transport sector - Becky Rix, Marketing Director, Roadgas
This will be a presentation on the latest trends supporting the use of gaseous fuels in the transport sector. Becky will outline some of the challenges & opportunities facing Fleet Directors & Managers, as well as showcasing the infrastructure project designed & installed at Nottingham City Transport’s depot to support their 120 biogas double decker fleet.
- 09:55 - 10:15 Any other topics of interest, questions and future forum detail
Kindly supported by:
With thanks to:
Confirmation of your booking:
A full confirmation with parking and directions will be emailed to delegates approx. 5 working days prior to the event. If this is a paid for event, an invoice for your delegate place(s), will be emailed to you once your booking has been processed. We ask that all invoices are paid prior to attending the event.
Submit your booking today using the form below.