Transport, Logistics and Infrastructure Forum - Amazon
Venue: Amazon UK Services Limited East Midlands Gateway Kegworth, Junction 24 of M1 Derby DE7 4DL, Leicestershire
Date: Thursday, 2 April 2020
Time: 8:00am - 11:00am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: £30.00+VAT
This event is delivered as part of the Chamber’s Transport, Logistics and Infrastructure Forum activity and will focus on major infrastructure developments in the region; those currently underway and those that are under consultation.
AGENDA (to be finalised)
- 8:00am - Registration and refereshments
- 08:30am - Welcome and overview - Chris Hobson, Director of Policy and External Affairs, East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
- 08:40am - Welcome and overview of the new Amazon Kegworth site - Stuart Morgan General Manager, Amazon (Kegworth)
- 09:00am -Development of Mercia Park, J11 M42 –David Smith, Planning Director, IM Properties PLC
IM Properties (part of the IM Group) is one of the UK’s largest privately owned property investment and development company. In 2019, IM Properties secured Planning Permission for a 3.5msqft industrial and logistics development, pre-let to Jaguar Land Rover (for a global aftermarket parts distribution facility) and to DSV (a Danish global transport and logistics company) for a purpose built campus to consolidate its Air/Sea, Road and Solutions facilities in the Midlands.
On the day, David will provide an introduction to IM Properties, its track record in the Midlands and ambitions for future projects, alongside an overview of the Mercia Park development.
- 09:20am - The roll out of 5G and fibre broadband across the East Midlands ( speaker tbc)
- 09:40am - Addtional detail on logistic park development in the East Midlands - detail to follow
- 10:00am - Q and A
- 10:15am - Close, optional tour
- Tour - Delegates will be offered a tour of the facilities at the end of the event, this will take circa 45 minutes.
With thanks to:
Confirmation of your booking:
A full confirmation with parking and directions will be emailed to delegates approx. 5 working days prior to the event. If this is a paid for event, an invoice for your delegate place(s), will be emailed to you once your booking has been processed. We ask that all invoices are paid prior to attending the event.
Submit your booking today using the form below.