Sustainability Forum - Nottingham: Delivering a Carbon Neutral City
Type: Information and Policy
Venue: Nottingham City Council, Nottinghamshire
Date: Tuesday, 10 March 2020
Time: 8:30am - 11:30am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This event is held in partnership with Nottingham City Council who are launching a charter of its approach to become the first UK carbon neutral city by 2028 and which will include a high level action plan of activity.
To ensure that the needs of business is reflected in this activity this event provides the detail of the future plans and detail on the existing support for business to become more sustainable and reduce emissions.
- 08:00 - Registration and breakfast
- 08:30 - Welcome and Introduction to the day
- 08:40 - Nottingham’s 2028 carbon neutrality aspiration
Nottingham City Council has launched a charter which has set out its approach to be the first UK carbon neutrality city. The day's session will demonstrate the scale, challenge and opportunities of 2028 carbon neutral target. There will be a focus on how business can support through a range of measures such as reporting emissions, becoming energy efficient, smarter working and pledging support.
09:00 - Nottingham’s approach to be the first UK carbon neutral city
Carbon Action Planning Workshop. Table discussion on actions for and from the business community to support the city’s 2028 ambition, including key barriers for local businesses.
- 09:30 - Break
- 09:40 - Local businesses speaking on the importance impact and benefits of sustainability to their business - speakers to be confirmed
- 10:25 - Break
- 10:35 - Detail of the support available for businesses to improve efficiency, sustainability and reduce emissions - detail to be confirmed
- 11:20 - Closing address
- 11:30 - Close
Held in partnership with:
Submit your booking today using the form below.