Low Carbon Business
Type: Information and Policy
Date: Thursday, 20 August 2020
Time: 10:00am - 11:00am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
**Please note the change of date/time, this event now runs at 10.00am -11.00AM on Thursday 20 August**
This webinar is designed with actionable change in mind. We will provide you with a framework to start your sustainability journey.
This session will be delivered by Helen Taylor, Director, Hosta Consulting, an entrepreneur and experienced small business owner who started her business with a strong environmental ethos which helped the business grow and successfully tender for public sector contracts. Helen has further developed her expertise in business and sustainability since completing her MBA and sees an opportunity for small businesses to start and grow in an environmentally responsible way with a low carbon strategy and that embraces environmental sustainability.
These session will help you understand the environmental issues we currently face both as individuals and business, how as business owners we can realistically respond to start and grow environmentally responsible businesses that embrace sustainability, increases customer value, creates competitive advantage and improves financial performance.
- Introduction to climate change
- Introduction to carbon literacy as approved by the UK Carbon Literacy Project
- Net zero carbon and how it links to environmental sustainability
- The responsible business approach andhow to set the culture
- Climate and carbon in local, national and international policy
- How to calculate carbon footprint
- A framework to help start your low carbon journey