BSI's Net Zero Week 2021 - Various Topics
Type: Information and Policy
Date: Monday, 18 January 2021
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Be part of the solution by joining the British Standards Institution (BSI) for their Net Zero Week 2021 where five consecutive days are given over to FREE webinars that tackle the pre-eminent issue of our time across seven key sectors.
The sessions run over the 18 to 22 January 2021 and will take place between 9:00am – 12.00pm and 13:30pm – 16:30pm (UK time) each day.
What is Net Zero Week about?
BSI’s Net Zero week will provide a multi-sector view of the collective challenges that must be met for the UK to reach our net zero carbon emissions target by 2050.
The week comprises generic and sector specific webinars on approaches to and targets for achieving net zero. The sessions will run as follows:
- Towards Net Zero – the role of government, the challenge for business - 18 January 2021 (10:30 - 12:15)
As part of BSI’s Net Zero Week, this general introductory webinar will explore the legislative drivers that are framing the UK Government’s response to net zero and how organizations can best adapt, both strategically and operationally. We’ll ask what tools and techniques will help, and how greener investment (in projects and people) can be prioritized.
- Decarbonize transport: achieve zero-emission vehicles - 18 January 2021 (14:00 - 15:20)
As part of BSI’s Net Zero Week – and with a focus on road transport – this session will discuss the role emerging technologies are playing, supported by standards, in helping deliver zero-emission/carbon transport and vehicles.
- Towards net zero - The energy sector’s transition to net zero - 19 January 2021(10:00 - 12:00)
As part of BSI’s Net Zero Week, this session takes a whole-system view of the UK energy sector’s transition to low carbon and a net zero future. It will feature presentations from BEIS and Ofgem among others, and examine what it will take to transition to a low carbon future.
- The Built Environment Sector’s journey to Net Zero - 19 January 2021(13:00 - 15:15)
As part of BSI’s Net Zero Week, this session will consider some of the tools and approaches currently available to help the built environment sector achieve net zero.
- Net zero and food – waste and the supply chain - 20 January 2021 (10:00 - 11:30)
As part of BSI’s Net Zero Week, this session will focus on the challenges and opportunities in the food chain and consider some of the tools and approaches currently available to help the sector and related segments achieve net zero.
- Towards Net Zero - The transition to net zero in the healthcare sector - 20 January 2021 (14:00 - 15:45)
As part of BSI’s Net Zero Week, this webinar aims to progress the net zero conversation within the healthcare sector, and in particular illustrate how BSI can help.
- Engineering for net zero – how digital transformation will be key to success - 21 January 2021 (09:00 - 10:00)
As part of BSI’s Net Zero Week, this webinar will discuss the opportunities that arise from bringing digital transformation to the design and assurance process, and the challenges faced in making this a reality.
To register for any of these event please click here to be directed to the BSI website and event page.