Midlands Energy Summit - 2021
Type: Information and Policy
Date: Tuesday, 30 November 2021
Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Held in partnership with the University of Nottingham’s Energy Innovation and Collaboration team the 2021 East Midlands Energy Summit will explore how Government, businesses, academia and civil society come together to ensure that clean growth can underpin our future economy.
As we continue our recovery from the impact of the Covid-19 crisis focus is increasingly turning to the global climate crisis.
In addition the Ten Point Plan for Green Growth in the Midlands Engine sets out, with a unified voice, the Midlands Engine Partnership’s collective plan: actions to be taken in partnership which will accelerate both the Midlands and the UK’s path to net zero.
By advancing the Plan, the Midlands is committing to deliver a 36% reduction in CO2 emissions from current regional levels, while also creating 196,000 high-value, high-skill jobs to boost productivity and generate a further £24.2 billion GVA for the region’s economy – by 2041.
In order to meaningfully address the climate challenge, it is essential that the way we create, use, store and distribute energy is put at the centre of this discussion.
The summit will bring together business, academia and policy makers to explore how we can accelerate the adoption of clean energy technologies and a move towards cleaner new energy industries.
Set post-COP26 the Summit will also provide the opportunity to discuss the latest thinking and how this directly relates to the business community in the East Midlands.
Though a series of key notes and panel discussions we will look to:
- Understand the future of energy supply, demand, cost and security and the implications for your business
- Understand what drivers the region takes from the COP26 Summit outcomes
- Understand the pace and scale of transition required to tackle climate change and to achieve net zero targets on a local, regional, national and international basis
- Explore and highlight the regional opportunities and threats
- Hear about the development of new technologies to ensure business demands are met in the near future and beyond
- Be part of the discussion on what the regional energy strategy should look like
- Discuss the regional picture on innovation, energy creation, storage and distribution
Agenda and Booking:
For the full agenda and to reserve your place please click here
In partnership with: