Enterprising Women Business Lunch - Menopause in the Workplace
Type: Enterprising Women
Venue: Crown Plaza, Wollaton St, Nottingham, NG1 5RH, Nottinghamshire
Date: Wednesday, 26 February 2020
Time: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Available To: Members Only
Member Price: £25.00+VAT
With Menopausal women being the fastest growing demographic in the workforce, we thought it was time to shake off the taboo and bring the topic to the forefront of discussion.
This event will enable fellow attendees to share experiences and learn something new about Menopause in the Workplace in a safe and comfortable environment. The event will touch on how to deal with menopausal symptoms while at work but will also offer an important insight in how one can be prepared.
Menopause can be a tricky topic to talk about in a workplace, for both the manager and the employee. Each symptom can be different for each woman. It is therefore important to start a conversation and consider what adjustments might be needed to help the employee accordingly – this event will be a great place to start.
Who should attend?
- As this event will offer essential advice on how to prepare and adapt to menopausal symptoms in the workplace, it will be equally of interest to those who are not yet at this lifestage as it will to those who are experiencing the symptoms now.
- Employers/line managers – it is important for employers to understand how to maintain the wellbeing of Menopausal employees and this begins with having the confidence for a conversation, and understanding actions that might be able to be taken to help the employee.
Jean is the Founder and Co-Chair of Enterprising Women, along with Eileen Richards MBE. In 2015/16 she was also the President of the Chamber, having been on the board since 1997.
Jean has had a fantastic career in business, running two highly successful companies since 1985 (a rubber stamp and print management company), before now owning her own designer clothing business, The Dressing Room based in Mansfield Woodhouse, which has in turn, developed to include many corporate clients.
Since starting Enterprising Women some 22 years ago, both Jean and Eileen have been champions for the empowerment of women in business, having active involvement in the monthly events and of course, the annual awards.
At this event Jean will be speaking about her personal Menopausal journey – so far – including the unexpected, the bad and even the ‘fun’ bits. Jean will enlighten delegates on the realities of running a business during the Menopause, how you can start preparing but also how you can continue succeeding.
Menopause health specialist – TBC
Benefits of attending:
- Inspirational and insightful guest speaker who will share their stories on Menopause in the Workplace. It is also your chance to learn something new from the specialist attending
- A comfortable environment to openly discuss a particularly sensitive topic to many women
- A chance to experience the first-ever Menopause-themed event delivered by the Chamber
- Networking over a two-course lunch with like-minded women in business.
Enterprising Women is a support network for women in business across Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire. We aim to support you and your business by offering a variety of event and networking opportunities for you to meet like-minded business women, make new connections and grow your business contacts.
This event is exclusive to Chamber members only at just £25+VAT including a welcome drink and buffet (dietary requirements can be catered). Places are limited, so secure yours today by completing the booking form below.
If you have any queries, please contact Kate Nemeth in the Events Team on 0333 320 0333 extension 2199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get involved with the conversation #ChamberEW @EMChamberNews @EMC_Events
Submit your booking today using the form below.