OFQUAL First Aid for Mental Health - Level 3 - Nottingham
Venue: Chamber's Office, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Date: Thursday, 20 June 2019
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: £245.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £245.00+VAT
This is a two-day course running 20 & 21 June 2019
Each year approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health condition and at least 1 and 6 employees experience common mental health problems in the workplace. Research has shown that work is the biggest cause of stress which can stop people performing at their best.
Mental health conditions are often hidden due to stigma and fear of discrimination and research has shown that a culture of fear and silence around mental health is costly to employers.
- The OFQUAL First Aid for Mental Health, level 3 qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider
Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An indepth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
On completion of the course all delegates will receive
- A referral manual
- A workbook that includes a helpful toolkit for mental health support
- Accredited MHFA Certificate confirming you are now a Mental Health First Aider
- Support through Red Umbrella Help Line or on-line enquires
This two-day course is delivered from the Chambers modern training facilities and is limited to a maximum of 16 delegates. Refreshments are provided as part of this course. Please note, there is no requirement for delegates to bring any stationery or IT equipment unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions.
About the trainer
Red Umbrella Extra's
Regardless of the subsidy you will always receive Red Umbrella's full and vital extra protection which includes -
- Advice on how best to role out and use the First Aiders for Mental Health effectively, including materials for the office and intranet
- Full access to our Mental Health first aid mentoring program
- Full access to our 24/7 support lines
- Full access to our Counsellors and therapists if required
- Access to our online forums
- Instructors are national Instructors and train the trainers with years of experience and have 5 star feedback
Other courses you may benefit from
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Working Safely
- Manual Handling
Submit your booking today using the form below.