Working Assertively and with Confidence - Nottingham
Venue: Chamber's Office, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Date: Wednesday, 27 March 2019
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: £245.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £350.00+VAT
This is a practical one-day course, which will leave participants feeling more confident in their ability to make themselves heard in the right way and to increase their self esteem.
This course explores the differences in character types and personal traits which participants display, and equips them with techniques and practical skills to appear more confident and get their point across in the right way.
Course programme in detail
- Understand the importance of effective communication within the workplace and recognise the triggers for certain behaviours in themselves and others.
- Identify the skills and behaviours displayed by effective communicators and the range of behaviours from submissive through to aggressive.
- Understand how to improve both self-esteem and confidence through positive thinking and actions
- Recognise non-verbal behaviours and the signals they portray.
- Give a clear description of what assertiveness is and why it is important for effective working relationships
- Identify which situations they find hardest to deal with in an assertive manner at work and techniques for dealing with them
To equip participants with knowledge and understanding of what assertiveness is, and how and when to use it. To explore a range of different techniques which will assist participants communicate and work more effectively with others.
Who should attend
Those who feel they need to develop skills and explore techniques to deal more confidently with others and to get their points across in the right way.
This course is delivered from the Chambers modern training facilities and is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates. Lunch and refreshments are provided as part of this course. Please note, there is no requirement for delegates to bring any stationery or IT equipment unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions.
About the trainer
The course will be delivered by a highly qualified and experienced trainer from our training partner, Challenge Training & Consultancy Limited. The course leader for this event has a wealth of training experience in customer service, leadership and management and runs workshops in a dynamic, participative style. They are able to bring context and fresh input to each course.
10% discount for 3 delegates or more
To qualify for the 10% discount please make your booking(s) for three or more delegates on any one or two day open training course at the same time.
Other courses you may benefit from
- Effective Team Leader
- Time Management
- From Friend to Supervisor - Establishing Authority
- ILM accredited training
Submit your booking today using the form below.