Diving deeper into WordPress
Type: Digital Growth
Venue: Webinar, Leicestershire
Date: Thursday, 25 February 2021
Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Available To: Eligible SME's
Speaker: Rob Gregory
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Do you own a WordPress website and feel you’re under utilising its full potential? Would you like to explore ways to use WordPress features to greater effect in your business? If you would, this webinar will show you how.
With WordPress now powering over 35% of the web, now’s the time to elevate your skills and boost the results it delivers for your business.
If you’re a non-technical site owner, WordPress can present something of a challenge; On the one hand, you know it’s incredibly powerful and versatile, offering significant potential to your organisation. On the other, you may feel out of your depth when it comes to using its CMS, which can feel tricky at times. This webinar will help you navigate the platform and its features and maximise capabilities to great effect.
Who should attend this webinar?
This webinar is a must for anyone who owns or manages a WordPress website and is keen to discover more about the most widely used CMS on the web. You don’t need any advanced technical knowledge to attend - during the session we’ll take you on a deep dive into WordPress and provide you with insight into its inner workings, empowering you to get more from your site.
This webinar has limited places and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.
What will we cover?
- Looking at the origins of WordPress and the differences between Wordpress.org and WordpRess.com.
- Understanding the terms and concepts behind WordPres, to ensure it works well for your business, including Themes, Plugins, Widgets, Users, Permissions and Gutenberg.
- Taking a deeper look at Themes, how they work and what to look out for and avoid, when choosing a theme for your site.
- Selecting a Plugin, installing and activating it and keeping one eye on security.
- Looking in detail at Widgets and how to use them.
- Introducing you to the basics of Gutenberg and the advanced features the new WordPress content editor has to offer.
- Backing up and updating WordPress to ensure security remains at its core and finding out how to back-up your site and update it safely.
- Discovering what WordPress has under the hood that you can use to improve your SEO from a technical SEO point of view.
- Looking forward at the future of WordPress, evaluating its emerging features and understanding what they mean for your website.
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this webinar, you will have:
- A much deeper understanding of WordPress as a platform.
- The ability to clearly define differences between WordPress versions.
- An understanding of a wider array of terms and concepts that the CMS relies on.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the session
2.00pm - 2.45pm - Webinar presentation
2.45pm - 3.00pm - Break
3.00pm - 3.45pm - Webinar presentation
3.45pm - 4.00pm - Q&A
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
Rob Gregory is a Founding Director of Magnifica, a tech agency based in Chesterfield. Rob has been helping businesses to implement effective software solutions for over 20 years. He has significant experience across a broad range of digital applications, from Custom Software to Website Development and Rob’s message is that technology must be used to simplify business processes and provide a true return on investment. Rob also provides one to one support on website development to help businesses be the best they can online.
Here’s how simple it is to book your place
This webinar will be delivered via ‘Go to Webinars'. To attend this fully-funded event, your organisation must be registered and verified as eligible to receive support through the Digital Growth Programme. If you’re not already registered, you can do this now: http://www.ebusinessclub.biz/register
Once you are registered onto the programme you can book your place onto our webinars and workshops. Please note we can only accommodate one delegate per organisation on this webinar.
To register for a place all you need to do is complete the booking form. It’s quick and easy and if you have any questions, just contact your dedicated Events & Engagement Officer, Kam Atker on 07971 403 786.
This webinar is delivered by the East Midlands Chamber’s Digital Growth Programme team and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, East Midlands Chamber and Leicestershire County Council.