Getting started with Ecommerce
Type: Digital Growth
Venue: Webinar, Leicestershire
Date: Thursday, 26 November 2020
Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Available To: Eligible SME's
Speaker: Rob Gregory
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
There’s no doubt that having the ability to sell online is a compelling proposition. Are you a business owner or marketer looking to harness the power of ecommerce to expand your existing business? Or, perhaps you’re considering building an online business from the ground up? If you are, this engaging webinar will provide the foundations to get started.
When it comes to ecommerce, the choices and challenges are wide ranging. Setting off on the right foot is a must and this ‘getting started’ webinar cuts through the noise giving clear guidance on how to start making the right choices before you even begin. ‘Getting started’ with ecommerce will take you through the steps, from the start at the ‘ideas stage’ of your journey, right through to successful launch.
Who should attend this webinar?
This easy to digest webinar is ideal for anyone who plays a pivotal role in shaping their organisation’s digital aspirations. Whether you’re a business owner or sales/marketing/commercial lead, you’ll find some incredibly useful areas are covered - from taking the first steps and planning an ecommerce strategy, to launching a successful site.
This webinar has limited places and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.
What will we cover?
- Defining ecommerce, looking at its origins and understanding the options for integrating it into your current business and getting started.
- Evaluating if ecommerce is right for you, including an honest look at your business model and testing the market before investing heavily.
- Setting ecommerce goals, deciding what do we want to achieve and implementing a plan to get you there.
- Understanding the key component parts of an ecommerce website and how they interact.
- Making sound decisions to help you develop an ecommerce website that delivers on your goals.
- Acquiring customers by understanding how to drive meaningful traffic to your site, nurturing the audience you already have and looking at paid campaigns as part of your promotional mix.
- Elevating design and User Experience (UX) for ecommerce product pages by considering user personas, user journeys, utility, usability and the performance of your pages.
- Assessing build options and technical capabilities and choosing which option is right for you, self-build, agency or platform/marketplace.
- Evaluating setup costs against potential return and understanding how different payment providers calculate their ongoing and/or transaction costs.
- Looking after your site once its live and planning how to maintain and update it to ensure it meets the needs of your customers and is continually optimised over time.
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
You will leave this webinar with:
- The ability to plan effectively and take a positive approach to getting started with ecommerce.
- A clear and deliverable action plan for selling online.
- The foundations of an ecommerce strategy that meets your business goals and services your customers’ needs.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the session
10.00am - 10.45am - Webinar presentation
10.45am - 11.00am - Break
11.00am - 11.45am - Webinar presentation
11.45am - 12.00pm - Q&A
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
Here’s how simple it is to book your place
This webinar will be delivered via ‘Go to Webinars’ - to register for a place all you need to do is complete the booking form. It’s quick and easy and if you have any questions, just contact your dedicated Events & Engagement Officer, Kam Atker on 07971 403 786.
This webinar is delivered by the East Midlands Chamber’s Digital Growth Programme team and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, East Midlands Chamber and Leicestershire County Council.