How to take Payments Online
Type: Digital Growth
Venue: Webinar, Leicestershire
Date: Thursday, 5 November 2020
Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Available To: Eligible SME's
Speaker: Rob Gregory
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Would you like to carry out more transactional business online? Are you keen to learn how to successfully integrate an online payment system into your organisation? If you are, this webinar is a great place to begin and aims to cut through technical jargon and show you how to get started.
Today’s customer is speed and convenience driven. They increasingly look for the ability to buy goods and services at any time of day. Having the ability to take payments online presents a fantastic opportunity and can be transformational for any business.
Explained using simple terminology, this webinar will provide you with greater clarity on how to make the right online payment facility decisions for your business. During the session, we’ll take you through the key concepts you need to consider when choosing and integrating an online payments facility, including security, fraud protection, buyer experience and provider choices. Examining and demonstrating payment provider examples – we’ll be making test payments in real-time, allowing you to see and experience the entire process, from purchase to a payment.
Who should attend this webinar?
This webinar is suitable for any organisation considering taking payments online, or those looking for a smarter solution to replace their current or legacy system. You don’t need to be technical, or have any experience in taking payments online to attend – the webinar is pitched at beginner to intermediate level.
This webinar has limited places and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.
What will we cover?
- Getting started and discovering how to ready your business for taking online payments.
- Cultivating ‘buyer trust’ by enhancing security and making your online payments secure./li>
- Protecting against fraud, discovering the tools and services available to mitigate risk, and developing a robust process to manage fraud in the event that it does occur.
- Understanding the risks and concerns around PCI compliance and minimising your responsibility/potential liability by making informed choices.
- Enhancing buyer experience by considering how your customers will engage with your buying process and what payment provision you need in place to create a frictionless payment flow.
- Evaluating the potential setup costs and understanding how different payment providers calculate the ongoing and/or transaction costs.
- Discovering how to integrate different payment options into a website and how to test everything is working before you go-live.
- Learning about different payment options, payment types and which platform choices to make.
- Understanding how different providers can be integrated into new or existing online sales channels.
- Discovering where the future of online payments lies, with an overview of Apple Pay, Android Pay, Bitcoin and even Biometric payments.
- Learning valuable tips to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to regulation and legislation around payments in the digital age.
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this webinar, you will:
- The knowledge needed to start taking payments online.
- The confidence to make informed decisions on which platform to choose.
- An understanding of the approach needed to successfully embark on your online payments journey.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the session
10.00am - 10.45am - Webinar presentation
10.45am - 11.00am - Break
11.00am - 11.45am - Webinar presentation
11.45am - 12.00pm - Q&A
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
Rob Gregory is a Founding Director of Magnifica, a tech agency based in Chesterfield. Rob has been helping businesses to implement effective software solutions for over 20 years. He has significant experience across a broad range of digital applications, from Custom Software to Website Development and Rob’s message is that technology must be used to simplify business processes and provide a true return on investment. Rob also provides one to one support on website development to help businesses be the best they can online.
Here’s how simple it is to book your place
This webinar will be delivered via ‘Go to Webinars’ - to register for a place all you need to do is complete the booking form. It’s quick and easy and if you have any questions, just contact your dedicated Events & Engagement Officer, Collette Degia on 07387 141 590.
This webinar is delivered by the East Midlands Chamber’s Digital Growth Programme team and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, East Midlands Chamber and Leicestershire County Council.