Maximising on-page optimisation and SEO copywriting
Type: Digital Growth
Venue: Webinar, Leicestershire
Date: Thursday, 10 December 2020
Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Available To: Eligible SME's
Speaker: Ian Lockwood
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Are you responsible for creating the written content for your organisation’s website? Would you like to understand how to write more effectively for the web and learn techniques to improve your website’s on-page optimisation? If you would, this webinar is perfect for you.
Copywriting for web pages is a real skill. Not only does written content need to be informative and persuasive, the language used, and content structure also play a major part in the search engines understanding and ranking of your web pages. Add to that a whole host of technical considerations, and it’s easy to see why writing for the web is widely considered to be something of an artform.
Who should attend this webinar?
If you’re responsible for copywriting or editing your organisation’s web pages and would like to improve your optimisation skills, this webinar is not to be missed. It’s aimed at beginner to intermediate level, and you don’t need any technical knowledge to attend.
This webinar has limited places and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.
What will we cover?
- Understanding the basics of on-page optimisation, including title tags, meta descriptions, headings, and internal links.
- Considering natural language processing, the way in which search engines understand language and how this should inform your writing style.
- Winning rich, featured snippets like answer boxes and “People also ask” results, tactically.
- Understanding structured data, what types of data can be marked up and how this is used by search engines.
- Creating and adding structured data mark up to your website.
- Writing in a way that is optimised for the way search engines process language - from keyword inclusion to style and formatting.
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this webinar, you will have:
- The ability to optimise your pages for target keywords by understanding when, how and where to use them.
- The skills to write content that’s ‘search engine friendly’.
- An understanding of what structured data is and how to add it to your website to deliver better search rankings.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the session
2.00pm - 2.45pm - Webinar presentation
2.45pm - 3.00pm - Break
3.00pm - 3.45pm - Webinar presentation
3.45pm - 4.00pm - Q&A
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
Ian Lockwood is an online marketing and web design specialist who has worked with the Chamber since 2007. He specialises in SEO, PPC, Google Analytics and conversion rate optimisation. During his 20-year career, Ian has helped B2B and B2C businesses across all sectors to get the most from their online presence..
Here’s how simple it is to book your place
This webinar will be delivered via ‘Go to Webinars’ - to register for a place all you need to do is complete the booking form. It’s quick and easy and if you have any questions, just contact your dedicated Events & Engagement Officer, Collette Degia on 07387 141 590.
This webinar is delivered by the East Midlands Chamber’s Digital Growth Programme team and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, East Midlands Chamber and Leicestershire County Council.