Optimise your Website for Success (Part 1)
Type: Digital Growth
Date: Tuesday, 25 August 2020
Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Available To: Eligible SME's
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This webinar is delivered by the East Midlands Chamber’s Digital Growth Programme team and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, East Midlands Chamber and Leicestershire County Council.
Learn how to optimise your website to get more visitors from Google. Digital expert Ian Lockwood will also be sharing techniques to convert them into leads and customers.
This webinar will be delivered in two parts, covering modern search engine optimisation and how this overlaps with website conversion rate optimisation for mutual benefit. There is an increasing overlap between search engine optimisation, a good website user experience, demonstrating expertise, winning the trust and writing good copy for your website to turn visitors into sales. This pair of webinars will show you how to optimise your website for both ranking in Google and a higher conversion rate, through copywriting, technical improvements and the addition of features and information to pages that users and Google are seeking.
In Part 1:
You’ll learn about the importance of page load speed and techniques to make pages faster, how search engines use natural language processing to understand the meaning of your content and how to establish trust and expertise in Google’s eyes.
In Part 2:
You’ll learn how user experience and a persuasive approach to design and copywriting can come together to increase a website’s conversion rate. You’ll learn about the importance of good user experience, writing persuasive copy that gets visitors to take action and the information users need before they will convert.
The sessions will also demonstrate the tools you can use to help you and examples of sites successfully implementing the techniques being explained. You do not need to use an additional laptop or screen as there are no “hands-on” elements to these webinars.
This webinar will cover:
Part 1 (10am to 12pm):
- How to improve web page load speed, including image optimisation
- How natural language processing works & how to improve your writing to benefit
- Researching keywords and content topics to rank higher for more search terms
- How to demonstrate “E-A-T”: Expertise, Authority & Trust
- Tools you can use to research, test and improve your site’s SEO
Part 2 (2pm to 2pm):
- The basics of good user experience for websites
- persuasive copywriting – getting visitors to take action
- key features and information that visitors look for when deciding who to contact or buy from
- How you can easily make and test the performance of changes to your website
- Examples of websites that have successfully implemented the conversion rate optimisation
Attending these webinars will give you a rounded view of what impacts the choices users make when visiting your site, and how this plays a part in Google’s ranking algorithm. They are suitable for any level of expertise and no technical knowledge is required. You will finish the sessions armed with a variety of ways to improve your website to get more visitors and more business.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone responsible for search engine optimisation or who wants their business to rank higher in Google.
Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.
- 10.00am - 10.45am - Webinar presentation
- 10.45am - 11.00am - Break
- 11.00am - 11.45am - Webinar presentation
- 11.45am - 12.00pm - Q&A
- 2.00pm - 2.45pm - Webinar presentation
- 2.45pm - 3.00pm - Break
- 3.00pm - 3.45pm - Webinar presentation
- 3.45pm - 4.00pm - Q&A
Book Your Place:
Both webinars will be delivered via Go to Webinars.
To book your place on Part 1 complete this booking form.
To book your place on Part 2 complete this booking form.
Any questions please speak to your dedicated Events & Engagement Officer - Collette Degia - 07387 141 590