ILM Level 2 - Award in Leadership & Team Skills - Four days
Venue: Challenge Consulting, Nottingham, Nottingham
Date: Wednesday, 4 November 2020
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Member Price: £650.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £650.00+VAT
What is the Award in Leadership & Team Skills
The Award in Team Leading is a qualification which is at Level 2 on the Qualifications & Credit Framework. The course does not have any entry requirements, however participants must be either practising or potential team leaders in order to be able to gain the most from the course in terms of applying the learning and obtaining feedback for development purposes.
Participants for this course should be in a supervisory or team leader role or be an aspiring team leader/supervisor. The course brings tangible benefits to the delegates and to their organisation through applying concepts taught at each stage of the course directly to the work environment. The course is delivered in an interative and practical way to appeal to a variety of learning styles and to encourage participation.
- To equip participants with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills to become more effective when managing people and resources
- To provide confidence and competnece to progress within a leadership/supervisory role
Day 1: Introduction & The Role of the Team Leader - 4 November 2020
- Welcome & introductions
- Roles, functions and responsibilities of the team leader
- Making the transition from friend to supervisor
- Seeking and dealing with feedback
- Identifying the limits of your responsibility
- The team leader's role in relation to organisational policies and procedures
- Setting SMART objectives
Day 2: Communication Skills - 18 November 2020
- Communication modes and methods, when to use each to best effect
- Structuring written communications and what to record, when and how inc GDPR
- Verbal and non verbal communication - what signals do you give out?
- Team Briefing skills - how to structure and deliver clear messages to groups
Day 3: Leading and Motivating the Team - 2 December 2020
- Manager or leader or both?
- Understanding management styles, when to use them and potential impacts
- Getting the best from your team
- Motivational drivers in self and others
- Delegating and allocating work
- Leadership assessment
Day 4: Managing People - 16 December 2020
- Overview of current legislation relevant to team leaders including duty of care, discipline, grievance and diversity
- Clarifying roles and expectations
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Reflective Review tutorial
- Written reflective review and development plan based on feedback from the organisation
- Short answer questions on communications in the workplace
Why complete the programme through the East Midlands Chamber in conjunction with Challenge Consulting?
Challenge Consulting are one of the oldest established ILM centres with a proven track record of delivering excellent programmes. For this reason the Challenge Consulting has been awarded “direct claim” status by the ILM, which allows assessment decisions to be made immediately by the assessors, due to their commitment to quality of delivery and ability to make programmes applicable and relevant to attendees.
Submit your booking today using the form below.