ILM Level 2 - Effective Team Member Skills - Two days
Venue: Challenge Consulting, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Date: Friday, 10 September 2021
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: £450.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £450.00+VAT
This is a practical programme focusing on the elements needed to be a highly effective team member. The course, including elements of self management, how to make best use of your time, the role you play in the team and how your own character, personality and traits can be used to strengthen your team and its performance.
Most organisations rely on effective and efficient team working to enable achievement of organisational goals. This nationally recognised qualification offers an opportunity for the individuals to examine their own skills set, personality traits and challenges when working in teams and identify how to add value and enhance the contributions they make to the team.
Suitable for experienced staff who wish to understand about team dynamics and how they themselves operate in a team environment, and for newly recruited team members.
- To equip participants with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills to become a more effective and efficient team member.
- To recognise ways in which they can add value to the team and help it to perform
Day 1 - Introduction and The Role of the Team member - 10 September
- The difference between groups and teams
- Tuckman’s Model (forming, storming, norming, performing)
- Belbin’s Team Roles
- Appreciation of skills and abilities of other team members
- Team building, positive work relationships, business development, conflict management
- Barriers to communication
- The interrelationship of skills, interdependence, trust and respect in a team
Day 2 - Developing yourself as an effective team member - 17 September
- Relationship of organisational goals and team objectives
- Organisational/team politics, differences in social norms, values, and religion
- Ways of preventing conflict – recognising different stages of conflict escalation and the signs of conflict and aggression
- Handling conflict and resolution procedures
- Organisational equality of opportunity policy
- Personal skills and abilities as an effective team member
- Areas of possible improvement
- Personal development and training, self awareness, improving communications, interpersonal skills
Why complete the programme through the East Midlands Chamber in conjunction with Challenge Consulting?
Challenge Consulting are one of the oldest established ILM centres with a proven track record of delivering excellent programmes. For this reason the Challenge Consulting has been awarded “direct claim” status by the ILM, which allows assessment decisions to be made immediately by the assessors, due to their commitment to quality of delivery and ability to make programmes applicable and relevant to attendees.
Submit your booking today using the form below.