Managers Development Programme - Nottingham
Venue: Challenge Consulting, Nottingham
Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2019
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Member Price: £895.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £1150.00+VAT
Four day programme commencing 15 October 2019 - for those who manage individuals and teams
Funding of 40% is available for this programme through the Stay Ahead Project subject to criteria. Please contact Vicki Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0333 320 0333 for terms and conditions.
With 40% funding - Member rate £567.00 + VAT, Non-Member rate £720.00 + VAT
First-line managers operate their departments. They assign tasks, manage work flow, monitor the quality of work, deal with employee problems, and keep the middle and executive managers informed of problems and successes at ground level in the company.
A 2011 Harvard Business School Working Paper pointed out that when a company undertakes the task of improving internal and external operational processes, the first-line managers are the best source of information on true process problems and can often offer the best, most workable solutions. This is because they have first-hand view of the results of company policy, strategic initiatives, marketing and production capabilities.
Who is the course suitable for ?
The course is designed in a modular format for those who are, or aspire to manage individuals and teams within their work. The course is focused on the key topics needed to fully execute the requirements of a management role efficiently and effectively. It will highlight ways in which participants can develop their own management skills in order to make better decisions on prioritising work, setting objectives, and leading and managing others to get the best from them.
Two consecutive days followed by two x one day modules (4 days total)
Day One - Leadership in focus. How brightly do you shine? - 15 October 2019
- Mission, vision and values of the organisation and the link to the Leadership role
- The importance of role clarity and understanding responsibilities of management
- Management vs leadership
- Leadership what's your style?
- Understand own ability to fulfil key responsibilities of the leadership role - what makes a good leader / good manager?
- Evaluating your own leadership and management performance.
- Theories on leadership and their relevance to own role & performance - what is your default style and when is this helpful/unhelpful.
- Leading by example and managing your own emotions - what signals do you give out?
- Mental Toughness - how resilient are you?
- Organisational culture - understanding culture, the leadership role in shaping culture and how this impacts on the performance of the organisation.
- The manager as motivational driver - how to ensure you get the best from your staff and engage those intrinsic drivers!
- Leadership and management skills, knowledge and behaviours, identifying areas for personal development.
Day Two - Communications and influencing to enhance performance - 16 October 2019
- Communications and how to influence to get the best from teams and individuals
- Effective Questioning Techniques and funnelling
- Listening Skills
- Giving appropriate feedback in an impactful way and helping others to see their “hidden” traits
- What’s your communication style and it’s implications?
- Challenges to good communications and how to overcome them
- Maximising on your people resources - creating and agreeing learning plans for individual
- The manager as coach – how to create the right environment and relationship for coaching
- Structuring the coaching session to maximise upon impact and time
- Goal Setting within the coaching context
- Aligning Business & Personal Goals
- The practicalities of coaching – OSCAR and GROW – techniques to help to guide the coaching process
- The balance of challenge & support to help others grow & take their performance to the next level
Day Three - Managing teams and individual performance - 5 November 2019
- How teams form and how to enable a performing team
- Delegation and Motivation – maximising your team resources
- How to have difficult conversations which bring about positive outcomes.
- People and performance – clarifying expectations
- Setting SMART objectives for individuals and teams
- Setting performance standards. When and how to review performance and giving feedback in the right way including the positives!
- Dealing with under performance and managing difficult one to one situations
- When to escalate and what to record (including Data Protection issues)
- Capability or disciplinary?
- The importance of objectivity and fairness.
- Employment policies and procedures – what are your responsibilities?
- Employment law – what do you know?
- Bringing it all together
- Personal development action planning
Day Four – Identifying opportunities for innovation & supporting others through change - 19 November 2019
- Developing the right culture for the future – drivers and barriers for innovation & change and the link to effectiveness and efficiency
- Innovation and the importance of embracing change to stay current in the changing landscape.
- Recognising barriers to innovation and how unlock creativity in yourself and others
- Analysing opportunities, including charting, visualising and evaluating options
- Implementing changes – the importance of involving others
- How people react to change – understanding values and the role managers play in influencing towards positive attitudes.
- “The Change House”, which room are you in?
- Communicating change, social responsibility and ethics - how to support through the change process including customers, stakeholders and the wider environment
About the trainer
The course will be delivered by a highly qualified and experienced trainer from our training partner, Challenge Training & Consultancy Limited. All trainers have a vast array of experience, gained in a variety of business and are able therefore to bring context and fresh input to each course.
Other courses you may benefit from:
- Friend to Supervisor
- Effective Team Leader
- Time Management
- Working Assertively and with Confidence
- ILM accredited training
Submit your booking today using the form below.