Getting to yes - Communication skills for senior managers and leaders
Date: Tuesday, 9 November 2021
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Trainer: Challenge Consulting
Member Price: £122.50+VAT
Non-Member Price: £175.00+VAT
Getting to yes - Communication Skills for Senior Managers and Leaders
Most senior leaders would agree that being a highly skilled and effective communicator is a cornerstone to a high performing organisation.
This three-hour session will look at the key components of effective communications for senior leaders and highlight the common gaps or mistakes which can erode trust and limit the progress and effectiveness within a leadership role, and the wider organisation.
According to a 2020 survey by the Chartered Management Institute, only 36% of Britain’s middle managers say they trust their business leader to a great extent.
This session is for participants to examine their own communications methods and styles in the context of their role, stakeholder relationships and the wider organisation.
Both inter-personal communications and wider organisational messaging will be considered to signpost strengths and areas for development to be a more effective communicator with a view to reducing mis-communications, providing clarity and building trust.
- The leadership dilemma & communications – trust versus control & transactional and transformational leadership.
- Strategic versus operational communications – what’s the difference and why it matters.
- Strategies for communications, what’s your plan?
- Adjusting and adapting your messages – taking a strategic view on what, when and how to communicate to gain support and engagement.
- Vision and values - communications styles and methods, do they align?.
- Stakeholder relationships – understanding influencing versus persuasion and negotiation – Principle versus Performance.
- Nudge and heuristics – the concepts and application to enhance communications.
- Cascading information – understanding information flows and how to avoid mis-communications
- Video conference and virtual meetings – making the best of modern technology.
- Meetings and briefings – the 5 Ps. How to create a compelling case and deal with opposition in the right way.
Who should attend
Senior managers and leaders who would like to take a look at new ways of communicating with their teams.
This session is being delivered online with full participation from delegates, you will be expected to have your camera on during the course.
A joining link will be sent to you with joining instructions around a week before the course start date.
About the trainer
The course will be delivered by a highly qualified and experienced trainer from our training partner, Challenge Training & Consultancy Limited. All trainers have a vast array of experienced, gained in a variety of businesses and are able therefore to bring context and fresh input to each course.
10% discount for 3 delegates or more
To qualify for the 10% discount please make your booking(s) for three or more delegates on any one or two day open training course at the same time.
Submit your booking today using the form below.