Communication skills for team leaders and supervisors
Date: Tuesday, 14 December 2021
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Trainer: Challenge Consulting
Member Price: £122.50+VAT
Non-Member Price: £175.00+VAT
Communication skills for Team Leaders & Supervisors
We all communicate every day, but how effective is your communication? How do you know?
This three hour session will examine good practice in communications in the modern day world, including how to adapt your messages, and hear others as they intended in a line management position.
To examine what effective communication is, and to identify the strengths in our own personal styles of communication, whilst also identifying gaps or habits which may create barriers to being heard, or truly “hearing” others.
The session will enable team leaders and supervisors to develop practical skills through exercises and activities to highlight strengths and areas for improvement in their current communication styles and methods.
- Communication in a line management role – why it is so critical.
- What is “communication” and how do you know if you are an effective communicator? – dispelling the myths
- What’s your VHF? Favourite channels and how these can work with or against us when communicating with teams and individuals.
- Span of control and sphere of influence – why do they matter and the importance of adjusting messages accordingly to suit audience needs.
- Assertiveness and the link to confidence, competence and authority.
- Modes and methods of communications for effective line management :
- Face to face communications
- Words, music and dance relating to body language, voice and choice of words.
- Tells – what signals do you give out and how do you know?
- Video conference and virtual meetings – making the best of modern technology and the “rules of engagement”.
- Face to face communications
- Keeping others informed – structuring and managing meetings and joint communications
- One to ones and the WASP principle – how to give feedback in the right way.
- Listening and hearing – what’s the difference.
- Practical exercises and activities which will provide you with guidance on where your strengths are, and areas to develop to be a “skilled communicator whilst managing others”.
Who should attend
Team leaders and supervisors who would like to develop practical skills in communicating with their teams.
This course is being delivered online with full participation from delegates, you will be expected to have your camera on during the course.
A joining link will be sent to you with joining instructions around a week before the course start date.
About the trainer
The course will be delivered by a highly qualified and experienced trainer from our training partner, Challenge Training & Consultancy Limited. All trainers have a vast array of experienced, gained in a variety of businesses and are able therefore to bring context and fresh input to each course.
10% discount for 3 delegates or more
To qualify for the 10% discount please make your booking(s) for three or more delegates on any one or two day open training course at the same time.
Submit your booking today using the form below.