Effective Team Leader (two-day) - Derby
Venue: Chamber's Office, Derby, Derbyshire
Date: Wednesday, 26 February 2020
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: £450.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £585.00+VAT
This course runs on the 26 and 27 February 2020
This two-day course includes all core areas of good practice when managing staff including motivation, personal organisation and planning, leadership, and giving and receiving feedback.
Course programme in detail:
- Recognise the different knowledge, skills and behaviours required to supervise staff rather than work alongside them
- Understand the scope of the team leader role including duty of care and the need to lead by example including fairness and integrity
- Have considered their leadership style and recognise when to support and challenge staff, especially during times of change
- Have learned techniques to communicate more effectively to teams and individuals including the importance of giving and receiving feedback, and handling conflict.
- Know when and how to provide recognition for good work, and be more confident to tackle issues in the right way to create improved performance and to clarify expectations
To serve as an introduction to the key aspects of Team Leading and provide an opportunity for delegates to consider their performance and identify areas to improve
Who should attend:
Aspiring or existing team leaders, supervisors or managers who require a practical, working knowledge of up to date techniques and good practice in managing teams and individuals
This two-day course is delivered from the Chambers modern training facilities and is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates. Lunch and refreshments are provided as part of this course. Please note, there is no requirement for delegates to bring any stationery or IT equipment unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions.
About the trainer:
The course will be delivered by a highly qualified and experienced trainer from our training partner, Challenge Training & Consultancy Limited. All trainers have a vast array of experienced, gained in a variety of businesses and are able therefore to bring context and fresh input to each course.
10% discount for 3 delegates or more
To qualify for the 10% discount please make your booking(s) for three or more delegates on any one or two day open training course at the same time.
Other courses you may benefit from:
- Friend to Supervisor
- Time Management
- Working Assertively and with Confidence
- ILM accredited training
Submit your booking today using the form below.