Engaging your Employees in your Business (three-day) - Nottingham
Venue: Chamber's Office, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Date: Tuesday, 18 February 2020
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: £675.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £875.00+VAT
This is a three-day course running 18, 25 February and 3 March 2020
One of the most frequently asked questions we get is “how do I get my employees to be motivated, positive and proactive at work?” Sometimes this is expressed as “how do I get the rest of my employees to think like my best people?”
This question relates to the subject of staff engagement, which when you get it right as a manager or director has the potential to make a bigger difference to your business results than anything else.
Course programme in detail
Why this programme is relevant to you?
Your single biggest business cost is likely to be your salaries and wages bill, yet one of the most comprehensive employee engagement surveys in recent years highlighted that only 15% of all employees consider themselves engaged with their job, meaning that potentially 85% of your team do not consider themselves engaged in their work.
In reality 85% of your biggest spend is likely to be not being utilised properly or efficiently.
That alone makes staff engagement worth focussing on, add in that these same employees are interacting with your customers, suppliers and each other potentially negatively and this subject becomes top of the list of things to learn how to do well.
The good news is that the same research gave answers to the question of how to properly engage staff. So you can now learn how to fix this problem and successfully engage your employees.
What is the programme about?
The main focus of this three-day programme will be on keeping things practical, there are a number of key elements to staff engagement and they are not that complicated, but if you want them to work properly, consistency is the key. The programme is structured to allow you to apply the lessons learned between each session
We will cover:
- Clarity – how to engage your team in the direction of the business so they feel like participating in your and their future
- Setting objectives which naturally align with your business direction and in a way that the team can see their contribution
- Identifying & communicating the critical performance measures that link to the direction of the business and show progress
- Communicating commitment – how to communicate progress, the format and frequency to generate and maintain momentum
- Setting standards – agreeing the style of working, standards to follow and how to reinforce those to keep things on track
- Creating discipline within the team so that employees want to achieve and contribute more to the success of the business
- Selecting the right champions of the business direction. Encouraging autonomy and empowerment – how to create an environment of trust and how to avoid the traps which could put the process into reverse
- Development & Recognition – simple methods of developing capability, giving feedback and celebrating success, which drives more engagement
- Team working – creating the kind of climate and environment which supports teamwork and productivity
Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved or potentially involved in the leadership in your business. Remember that leadership is a mindset rather than necessarily a position, so people from virtually any level of management would benefit from this programme, especially those leading a team of people or leading managers.
The programme is run over three days and is structured to suit the needs and requirements of the delegates involved, so there will be a mix of taught sessions, discussion, facilitation of the team objectives, and coaching support for those involved.
- Benefit from greater clarity regarding their role in successfully engaging others, and the ways that they can better support staff engagement.
- Understand how to align their teams and create an infrastructure to maximise team performance.
- Have a process for translating and communicating strategic and tactical objectives into the team in simple practical ways so that all of the team members understand their contribution to the goal.
- Be able to regularly and simply communicate and celebrate progress towards their business goals
- Be able to inspire their teams and generate sufficient trust and loyalty to be able to retain staff and grow the capacity of the business
- Be able to make their teams replicate excellent results
Imagine your managers and leaders being able to achieve these things and the benefit of having your teams pulling together and being fully engaged
This course is delivered from the Chambers modern training facilities and is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates. Lunch and refreshments are provided as part of this course. Please note, there is no requirement for delegates to bring any stationery or IT equipment unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions.
About the trainer
The course leader is Charles Barnascone. Charles is a highly experienced trainer, sales coach and business development consultant who has worked with a large number of diverse companies delivering training solutions in an innovative way and providing business development support.
Submit your booking today using the form below.