Introduction to Employee Engagement (one-day) - Chesterfield
Venue: Chamber's Office, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Date: Tuesday, 12 May 2020
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: £245.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £350.00+VAT
One of the most frequently asked questions we get is “how do I get my team to be motivated, positive and proactive at work?” Sometimes this is expressed as “how do I get the rest of my team to think like my best people?”
This question relates to the subject of staff engagement, which when you get it right has the potential to make a bigger difference to your results than anything else.
Course programme in detail
Why this programme is relevant to you?
Your single biggest business cost is likely to be your salaries and wages bill, yet one of the most comprehensive employee engagement surveys in recent years highlighted that only 15% of all employees consider themselves fully engaged with their job, meaning that potentially 85% of your team do not consider themselves fully engaged in their work.
That alone makes staff engagement worth focussing on, add in that these same employees are interacting with your customers, suppliers and each other potentially negatively and this subject becomes top of the list of things to learn how to do well.
The good news is that the same research highlighted what to do to fix the problem, so you can do something about it.
What is the programme about?
During this one-day introduction we will be keeping things simple, there are a number of key elements to staff engagement and they are not that complicated, as long as you apply them in the right way.
We will cover
- How to fully engage your team in the direction of your department or business so they feel like participating in your and their future
- How to communicate progress, the format and frequency to generate and maintain momentum
- Agreeing and maintaining the style of working, standards to follow and how to reinforce those to keep things on track
- How to create an environment of trust and the traps to avoid which put the process into reverse
- Simple methods of developing capability and giving feedback which drives more engagement
- Creating the kind of climate and environment which supports teamwork and productivity
Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved or potentially involved in leading people in your business. Remember that leadership is a mindset rather than necessarily a position, so anyone who influences others and how they work would benefit from this programme, especially those leading a team of people.
This one day workshop is structured to suit the needs and requirements of the delegates involved, so there will be a mix of taught sessions, discussion, facilitation of the team objectives, and coaching support for those involved.
- Benefit from greater clarity regarding their role, and the ways that they can better support staff engagement.
- Understand how to create an environment to maximise team performance.
- Have a process for communicating objectives into their team so that all of the team understand their contribution
- Be able to inspire their teams and generate sufficient trust and loyalty to be able to retain staff and grow the capacity of the business
- Be able to make their teams replicate excellent results
- If these statements were true of your managers and leaders. Imagine the benefit of having your teams pulling together and being fully engaged
This course is delivered from the Chambers modern training facilities and is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates. Lunch and refreshments are provided as part of this course. Please note, there is no requirement for delegates to bring any stationery or IT equipment unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions.
About the trainer
The course leader is Charles Barnascone. Charles is a highly experienced trainer, sales coach and business development consultant who has worked with a large number of diverse companies delivering training solutions in an innovative way and providing business development support.
10% discount for 3 delegates or more
To qualify for the 10% discount please make your booking(s) for three or more delegates on any one or two day open training course at the same time.
Submit your booking today using the form below.