Friend to Supervisor - establishing authority - Chesterfield
Venue: Chamber's Office, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Date: Tuesday, 9 July 2019
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Member Price: £245.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £350.00+VAT
Often individuals are promoted as they are good workers and find themselves suddenly in charge of those who previously worked alongside them previously. The course is for anyone who finds themselves struggling to establish themselves as a team leader or supervisor.
Course programme in detail
- Identify what the company/team/customer expects of the supervisor, and recognise the suitability of their current relationship with their staff members.
- Deal with authority, responsibility, & being accountable.
- Describe their current leadership style and be able to identify appropriate circumstances to adapt this to assert authority in the right way.
- Know how to avoid claims of favouritism and being drawn into conflicts and inappropriate situations.
- Understand the importance of clear goals for teams and individuals and how to set and communicate these.
- Know how to approach 'difficult' conversations with staff in the right way to get results.
Designed to provide you with the techniques and tactics to establish authority within the supervisory role whilst maintaining good relationships with those you manage, making it easier to clarify expectations and manage performance.
Who should attend
Anyone who finds themselves struggling to establish themselves as a team leader or supervisor, or where they find their authority is challenged by team members
This course is delivered from the Chambers modern training facilities and is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates. Lunch and refreshments are provided as part of this course. Please note, there is no requirement for delegates to bring any stationery or IT equipment unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions.
About the trainer
The course will be delivered by a highly qualified and experienced trainer from our training partner, Challenge Training & Consultancy Limited. All trainers have a vast array of experienced, gained in a variety of businesses and are able therefore to bring context and fresh input to each course.
10% discount for 3 delegates or more
To qualify for the 10% discount please make your booking(s) for three or more delegates on any one or two day open training course at the same time.
Other courses you may benefit from:
- Effective Team Leader
- Time Management
- Working Assertively and with Confidence
- ILM accredited training
Submit your booking today using the form below.