Managing Difficult People and Situations - Chesterfield
Venue: Chamber's Office, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Date: Tuesday, 24 March 2020
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: £245.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £350.00+VAT
A one-day course for line managers which explores the challenges of managing people and situations they find challenging or “difficult” in the workplace and suggests ways in which these can be resolved to create a more productive and harmonious working environment and team.
Course programme in detail
- Understanding conflict – the ways in which conflicts begin and develop and what to look for to identify the early signs.
- Understanding people (perceptions, motives and behaviours)
- Techniques to deal with conflicts within teams and how to approach “difficult” people and behaviours in the right way to diffuse / manage the situation appropriately.
- Understanding latent conflict and how to encourage individuals to adopt new behaviours and norms to build more positive relationships.
- Know what should be avoided when dealing with “difficult people” or situations.
- What’s your style when dealing with conflict and how could you adapt this to be more effective as a line manager when dealing with difficult situations and people?
- Structuring difficult conversations and how to ensure the conversation stays objective; realistic and that measurable outcomes are negotiated where possible.
- Recognising the full range of options available to a line manager when dealing with people whose behaviours they find difficult or unacceptable and the importance of consistency and compliance with procedures.
By the end of the course delegates will
- Understand how and why conflicts happen in the work place and be able to spot the early signs of conflicts developing.
- Understand the relationships between motives and behaviour
- Be able to identify a range of choices and approaches to deal with difficult behaviours in others to ensure that situations are managed appropriately.
- Feel more confident to address difficult people or situations
- Understand how to negotiate and give feedback to difficult people in an appropriate way to encourage positive outcomes.
- Know what to avoid when dealing with difficult people and situations.
Who should attend
Those who manage staff in either the public or private sector and who from time to time encounter difficult behaviours and situations within their team and individuals.
This one-day course is delivered from the Chambers modern training facilities and is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates. Lunch and refreshments are provided as part of this workshop and there is no requirement for delegates to bring any stationery or IT equipment unless otherwise stated in joining instructions.
About the Trainer
The course will be delivered by a highly qualified and experienced trainer from our training partner, Challenge Training & Consultancy Limited. All trainers have a vast array of experienced, gained in a variety of businesses and are able therefore to bring context and fresh input to each course.
10% discount for 3 delegates or more
To qualify for the 10% discount please make your booking(s) for three or more delegates on any one or two day open training course at the same time
Other courses you may benefit from
- Working Assertively and with Confidence
- Become a Skilled Communicator
- First Line Managers Programme
- ILM Accredited Course
Submit your booking today using the form below.