Stepping up to Management
Date: Wednesday, 8 December 2021
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Trainer: Challenge Consulting
Member Price: £122.50+VAT
Non-Member Price: £175.00+VAT
Stepping up to management
Being promoted to a team leader or manager is often a reward for hard work and excelling at the day job, yet it requires a whole new set of skills which can leave those new to the management role unsure about what to do and how to do it.
This session will equip participants with the tools they need to become more comfortable and effective as a line manager.
To equip new team leaders/managers with the skills and knowledge they need to be more confident and competent in their role as a line manager, team leader, or supervisor.
By the end of the session, delegates will
- Understand the scope of the team leader role and the responsibilities and challenges which this brings including the changes in behaviours which may be required.
- Understand the concept and application of different styles of leadership and recognise the merits and disadvantages in changing circumstances and with different individuals and teams.
- Know how to communicate and establish authority in the right way as a team leader/manager including how to manage teams and individuals remotely.
- Be able to set measurable objectives for teams and individuals and communicate expectations appropriately to engage others and provide opportunities for recognition and feedback.
- Recognise the importance of consistency and how to deal with a range of commonly occurring issues promptly when they arise including corrective actions.
- Understand the fundamentals of duty of care as a team leader
- Be able to highlight their own development needs to become an effective team leader.
Who should attend
New team leaders/managers who need to feel more confident and competent in their role as a line manager, team leader, or supervisor.
This course is being delivered online with full participation from delegates, you will be expected to have your camera on during the course.
A joining link will be sent to you with joining instructions around a week before the course start date.
About the trainer
The course will be delivered by a highly qualified and experienced trainer from our training partner, Challenge Training & Consultancy Limited. All trainers have a vast array of experienced, gained in a variety of businesses and are able therefore to bring context and fresh input to each course.
10% discount for 3 delegates or more
To qualify for the 10% discount please make your booking(s) for three or more delegates on any one or two day open training course at the same time.
Submit your booking today using the form below.