ISO 9000:2015 Foundation (QMS)
Venue: OMS, Coalville, Leicestershire, Leicestershire
Date: Monday, 24 August 2020
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: £450.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £450.00+VAT
ISO 9001 is arguably the most successful ISO standard ever – with over 1.2 million certifications around the world. The 2015 version, which is the fifth edition of ISO 9001, is an evolution not a revolution. The fundamental aims remain the same but it is updated for the ‘modern world’ - the last main changes being in the year 2000. The changes are, however, significant.
It is also much more flexible on prescribing mandatory requirements whilst being more focussed on real and effective business management systems that are actively driven by top management.
Who should attend
Those requiring an introduction to the ISO 9001 family of standards, especially those involved in the design, implementation and management of a QMS.
This course aims to provide delegates who have an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, quality management with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 9001, and to provide a basis for students who wish to go on to complete IRCA Certified QMS Auditor Training courses.
It is useful though for anyone, whether an auditor, auditee, consultant, implementer or manager who wishes to understand ISO 9001:2015.
The course is designed to be as interactive as possible and focuses on exercises that allow delegates to experiment with ideas and come to their own conclusions. The course starts by looking at the strategic aspects such as how an individual Quality Management System fits in with the ‘rest of the business universe’. It then goes on to look at the principles and influences that
have created the shape of ISO 9001 before looking at the interpretation of the various requirements.
The specific content of the course includes:
- The structure of ‘Annex SL’
- How ISO 9000, 9001 and 9004 fit together as standards
- The ‘Context’ of an organisation
- How a Quality Management System can benefit a business or organisation
- The process of implementing and maintaining a Quality Management System
- An understanding of key definitions contained in ISO 9000
- The structure of ISO 9001 (which is based around the Plan Do Check Act cycle)
- The seven principles that drive ISO 9001
- The concept of Internal and External Interested parties and the Context of an organisation
- The concept of risk-based thinking, including for opportunities
- How top management have to demonstrate both leadership and commitment
- The concept of externally provided processes, products and services
IRCA requires that we inform students that they are expected to have the following prior knowledge before attending the course.
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
- The fundamental concepts and the seven quality management principles (see ISO 9000) of Customer focus, Leadership, Engagement of people, Process approach, Improvement,
- Evidence-based decision making and Relationship management. The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction.
- ISO 9001 - The commonly used quality management terms and definitions (see ISO 9000).
Delegates receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Your certifcate will last for 3 Years.
This course is delivered in partnership with our Chamber member OMS at their training centre in Coalville, Leicestershire. Their modern training centre is conveniently located right in the centre of the UK in Leicestershire, and is just two miles from J22 of the M1. Free onsite parking is available.
About the trainer
OMS has a team of experts who can offer advice and guidance in Health & Safety, HR and compliance issues. Drawn from a wide range of backgrounds, they bring their own experience and expertise to your organisation’s challenges.
How to book
Bookings on this course will be passed to OMS and all confirmations and invoicing will come directly from them.
Booking through our system will allow us permissions to pass your details onto OMS.
Submit your booking today using the form below.