What is the Skills Service?
No-one knows your business better than you. But are you convinced you have the right people in the right jobs? Are you fully aware of the skills within your business and are you deploying them to maximum effect? Are you clear on the knowledge and processes that you need to develop in the business, and the funding that may be available to make that happen?
The Skills Service is an independent, impartial and confidential service supporting businesses to understand and plan their current and future skills needs. It connects businesses in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire to the most appropriate support across the D2N2 Growth Hub and beyond.
The Skills Service is available to companies based in Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire ideally employing more than 5 people who actively recognise that an investment in staff is synonymous with business growth.
What’s the cost to my business?
The Skills Service is fully-funded through the D2N2 Growth Hub. There is therefore no direct cost to participating businesses.
Who’s delivering the Skills Service?
The Skills Service is a D2N2 Growth Hub initiative.
Companies participating in the Skills Service have access to a dedicated Skills Adviser, Lucie Andrews.
Lucie has a Business Management Degree, is CIPD qualified and holds an NVQ Level 5 in Business Support. Her career spanned hospitality and recruitment before she joined the business support sector some 16 years ago. She has supported companies of all sizes and in all industries.
As a seasoned business support practitioner, she is well-versed in:
- maximising ROI by offering best practice advice on new and existing learning & development initiatives;
- working with SME and large companies to support them with business & strategy development and aligning this growth to their people strategies;
- evaluating how training and development impacts the workplace;
- advising on competency-based recruitment methods to identify skills that can impact on future work performance;
- supporting individuals in SMEs and social enterprises to gain qualifications; and
- day-to-day business issues such as recruitment, training, budgets, HR, procurement, marketing & communications, and governance & compliance.
Benefits of the Skills Service to your business
An Organisational Skills Audit is carried out to fully assess your learning & development requirements
Relevant learning and development actions are tailored to meet the needs of your business and the individuals within it including:
- developing new skills and knowledge in the business
- identifying existing skills within the business and advising on how best to deploy this knowledge
- Funding is identified through on-the-pulse local understanding of grants and loans
- Guidance and support is offered to develop learning & development monitoring systems which evaluate learning investment and monitor impact
- Talent management and succession planning is developed for leaders & managers and skilled workers
- Guidance is offered on good practice people management processes most appropriate for your business from recruitment campaigns to effective performance critique and monitoring
- Onward referrals to further support (such as digital development, the Chamber’s International Trade team and wider coaching and funding opportunities)
- Ongoing account management
Want to take advantage of the Skills Service?
Talk to our Skills Adviser today to learn more about how your business can accelerate its growth through the Skills Service:
T: 0333 006 9178