Brexit Readiness (Manufacturing and Engineering) - Mansfield
Type: Information and Policy
Venue: Hawthorns Suite, Portland College, Nottingham Rd, Mansfield NG18 4TJ, Nottinghamshire
Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2019
Time: 8:30am - 11:30am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
The prospect of the UK leaving the European Union creates a series of challenges and opportunities for businesses of all sizes. This event, delivered in partnership with Invest Ashfield & Mansfield, aims to help business understand the latest implications and to develop strategies that can mitigate any detrimental consequences.
This particular event will focus on some of the key concerns for the Manufacturing and Engineering Sector in relation to how it can respond to Brexit and what the potential implications of a "no deal" scenario may be.
- Registration, refreshments and networking
- Welcome from Jason Zadrozny, Leader, Ashfield District Council
- Overview of business support from Fardad Amirsaeedi, Invest Ashfield & Mansfield
- Welcome from East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
- What the future immigration rules will be to employ skilled and unskilled migrants Post Brexit and Settled Status Scheme update - Thalej Vasishta, Group Chief Executive Officer, Paragon Law
The settled status scheme, has so to speak been settled. With the Government having invested hugely in the application process it is very unlikely that the new cabinet will move away from the commitments given to EU Nationals being allowed to stay in the UK, there will be an update on this and the potential for changes that may occur in the event of a no-deal scenario, where timeframes by which applications should be made may be brought forward.
- Preparing your business for EU Exit, Government Representation ‘Intellectual Property: Information for businesses preparing for Brexit without a withdrawal agreement’- Ben Kirsch, Intellectual Property Office (IPO)
Ben will cover IP regulations, focusing on areas that may change if there’s a no deal Brexit and areas of continuity.
As the IPO’s Policy Advisor, Ben's role includes working with local policy makers to include IP in any developing strategies for innovation, business support, access to finance and overseas trade. Recently, Ben has been involved in implementing a new IP service within Growth Hubs
- Developing robust supply chain practices to mitigate the uncertainty and challenges Brexit may bring - Mark Wood, Director, Alliance Procurement Solutions Ltd - (full detail to be confirmed)
- Department for International Trade -invited, tbc
- Networking and feedback
A D2N2 Growth Hub Business Adviser will be on hand to provide business advice and support.
Benefits of attending/who should attend:
- Understand how best to prepare and protect your business in relation to the impact of Brexit
- Understand the potential implication of a "no deal" scenario
- Opportunity to “ask the expert”
- Networking and sharing of best practice
- Hear about local support
- Share your concerns to help the development of future support
Held in partnership with:
Please note: Should this event become fully booked preference will be given to those organisations based in Ashfield and Mansfield District Council area.
Confirmation of your booking
A full confirmation with parking and directions will be emailed to delegates approx. 5 working days prior to the event. If this is a paid for event, an invoice for your delegate place(s), will be emailed to you once your booking has been processed. We ask that all invoices are paid prior to attending the event.
Submit your booking today using the form below.