Introduction to the Customs Declaration Service
Venue: Chamber offices, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Date: Thursday, 14 November 2019
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Available To: Anybody
Trainer: John Griffiths, HMRC
Member Price: £25.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £35.00+VAT
John Griffiths the local HMRC International Trade Development Liaison Officer(ITDLO) will provide an update on CDS.
This HMRC seminar highlights the new Customs Declaration Service controlling all UK exports and imports.
The Customs Declaration Service (CDS) will replace the current Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) service. This is the computer system currently used to process Customs declarations.
Therefore if you are currently importing goods from, or exporting goods, to countries outside the EU, then you or your freight forwarder will be using CHIEF to :
- process declarations for goods entering and leaving the UK or EU through ports and airports
- calculate and pay the correct duty and taxes
- complete customs information electronically
These functions will be available on CDS but there will be differences with the new service.
The presentation will feature:
- an overview of CDS
- a walkthrough of the first type of declaration made via CDS
- and details of new information that may be required from Importers and by their freight forwarders in order to complete a declaration on their behalf .
Workshop Programme in Detail
- An overview of CDS
- CDS Delivery & Customer migration
- C88 Box number changes
- CDS Tariff & Tariff Navigation
- Terminology & other Key changes
- Additional Information required under CDS
- CDS Export Tariff information
- How to prepare a customs declaration
An overview of the changes from CHIEF to CDS and how to complete accurate declarations when the UK leaves the EU and becomes a 3rd country and the responsibilities of exporters and importers.
Who Should Attend
Freight forwarders and customs agents, any exporting/importing businesses that want to know more about how thri customs declarations are done on thier behalf and those who may want to process their own customs declarations post Brexit.
Full course notes, refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Submit your booking today using the form below.