Employee appraisals are important for your business to grow. Employees deserve feedback on their performance, with praise for their accomplishments and support to develop and grow.
This course covers the core skills for conducting staff appraisals.
Course programme in detail
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
• Explain the purpose of the appraisal and review cycle, and how this is critical to maintain engagement from staff, and to harness their potential
• Effectively prepare for the appraisal meeting and ensure their staff are also prepared
• Use effective questioning techniques and probing to gather relevant information
• Give feedback in the correct way to encourage self directed learning
• How to encourage aspiration through creation of business related objectives which are both measurable and stretching
• How to gain agreement for development plans and how and when to review progress towards objectives
• How to handle difficult appraisal situations including re-setting expectations
• Know what to include and what to record on appraisal documentation
• Identify different options to supply the development needs
• Personal development planning to identify areas to work on to become more effective at managing and conducting appraisals and reviews
This course is being delivered in collaboration with our training partner, Challenge Consulting and will be held at their purpose-built training and conference centre in Nottinghamshire and is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates.
The course will equip participants with up to date techniques in appraising others; giving feedback in the right way, and how to set powerful and courageous goals linked to business objectives to drive up performance.
The course is suitable for those who may be new to appraising staff performance, or for those who are more experienced but feel they would like a refresher to update their skills and knowledge of current techniques.
book your place
Please complete with delegate details, we can only accept one delegate booking per form. If you wish to book multiple delegates, please email email@example.com or complete a form for each delegate.