The cost of recruiting can be substantial and it is therefore critical to get it right.
This course designed to give delegates the skills to confidently prepare and conduct the recruitment process, make good selection decisions, and record appropriate information suitable to provide feedback to candidates.
There will be opportunities to practice all the skills and techniques learned during the day.
Course programme in detail
By the end of the course, delegates will:
• Recognise the legal considerations – including equality and diversity issues – involved in the recruitment process.
• Be able to create and use a job description and person specification including identifying essential and desirable criteria
• Be able to create relevant questions which test knowledge, skills and behaviours required for the job role, and know how to select suitable work based tests.
• Structure and conduct an interview effectively, from beginning to end
• Probe candidates further to maximise the information obtained from the interview
• Understand how to sift and score candidates against essential and desirable criteria
• Keep accurate and relevant interview records to enable feedback to candidates
This course is being delivered in collaboration with our training partner, Challenge Consulting and will be held at their purpose-built training and conference centre in Nottinghamshire and is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates.
This course is suitable for those embarking upon recruitment for the first time, and for more experienced recruiters who wish to update their skills and knowledge of current good practice.
It is also suitable for business owners, managers and those who are required to recruit and select staff into their organisation.
book your place
Please complete with delegate details, we can only accept one delegate booking per form. If you wish to book multiple delegates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete a form for each delegate.