A 10 day programme + 2 online sessions (including 1 x executive coaching session) spaced 3 to 4 weeks apart. Full list of dates can be found in additional information below.
This is a prestigious qualification aimed at current and aspiring senior managers who wish to extend their skills and knowledge to make effective strategic plans to meet or exceed the expectations of various stakeholders and partners within the organisation. The level 7 is at a Post Graduate level, which requires participants to invest in their own personal brand, to create organisation and personal impact through high level engagement, influencing, innovation and critical thinking. The learning will be underpinned by practical and applied research and the application of theoretical frameworks at the leading edge of management and leadership practice. It will be a requirement of the course that delegates identify, research, analyse and create a plan for an improvement at a strategic level within their organisation.
The aim of the programme is to ensure delegates –
• Recognise their own leadership and management development needs in the context of a senior level role within an organisation.
• Have gained the skills and knowledge to used an evidence based approach to enhance their leadership and management capability.
• Have the knowledge and skills to develop, implement and evaluate high-level strategic business cases.
• Know how to develop and enhance their personal brand, and to harness greater impact through using networks and social learning
• Know how to engage with others to bring about creative thinking, innovation and change within the organisation and to encourage growth mindsets and motivational drivers in others.
• Know how to apply the increased knowledge and skills in a practical manner to benefit the organisation and recognise the role senior leaders fulfil in terms of how they “think” and “act” as role models for the organisation culture.
• Have a raised level of awareness of the importance of continuous professional development and the tools to engage in it to work towards future career aspirations.
This is a 10 day course spread over approximately 10 months.
Session 1. Induction & Developing the Strategic Leader (Part 1)
Session 2. Research and Study Skills
Session 3. One to one Executive Coaching Session + Tutorial
(One to one Executive Coaching Session + Tutorial (on-line)
Session 3. Developing the Strategic Leader (Part 2) Strategic Leadership
Session 4. (Part 3) Organisational Context & Culture
Session 5. (Part 4) Communications & Strategic Influence
Session 6. Strategic Decision Making – (Part 1) Strategic Thinking & the External Environment
Session 7. (Part 2) Decision Making, Critical Analysis & Financial Analysis & Indicators
Session 8. Improving Product/Service Delivery & Performance
Session 9. Strategic Human Resources & Strategic Change
Session 10. Showcase & Presentation
(Professional Discussion & CPD (online on 1:1)
1 x enquiry based research project
1 x portfolio of evidence & reflective review of a) own senior management performance, to include a comprehensive analysis and plan for Continuing Professional Development and b) the extent to which the research project has through action, added value to the organisation.
book your place
Please complete with delegate details, we can only accept one delegate booking per form. If you wish to book multiple delegates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete a form for each delegate.