Brexit Readiness (Transport and Logistics) - Mansfield
Type: Information and Policy
Venue: Civic Quarter Chesterfield Rd South, Mansfield NG19 7BH, Nottinghamshire
Date: Tuesday, 1 October 2019
Time: 8:30am - 11:30am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
The UK leaving the European Union creates a series of challenges and opportunities for businesses of all sizes. This event, delivered in partnership with Mansfield District Council, aims to help business understand the latest implications and to develop strategies.
This particular event will focus on some of the key concerns for the Transport and Logistics Sector in relation to how it can respond to Brexit and what the potential implications of a "no deal" scenario may be.
Agenda (to be finalised)
- Registration, refreshments and networking
- Welcome from Mansfield District Council - an overview of regional business support
- Welcome from East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
- What the future immigration rules will be to employ skilled and unskilled migrants Post Brexit and Settled Status Scheme update - Thalej Vasishta, Group Chief Executive Officer, Paragon Law
The settled status scheme, has so to speak been settled. With the Government having invested hugely in the application process it is very unlikely that the new cabinet will move away from the commitments given to EU Nationals being allowed to stay in the UK, there will be an update on this and the potential for changes that may occur in the event of a no-deal scenario, where timeframes by which applications should be made may be brought forward.
- Preparing your business for EU Exit, Government Representation - Business Intelligence and Readiness Directorate, Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy ( BEIS )
- Other tbc
Benefits of attending/who should attend:
- Understand how best to prepare and protect your business in relation to the impact of Brexit
- Understand the potential implication of a "no deal" scenario
- Opportunity to “ask the expert”
- Networking and sharing of best practice
- Hear about local support
Held in partnership with:
Please note: Should this event become fully booked preference will be given to those organisations based in Ashfield and Mansfield District Council area.
Submit your booking today using the form below.