Preparing for a new trading environment
Type: Information and Policy
Venue: HL Plastics Ltd Flamstead House Denby Hall Business Park Denby Derbyshire DE5 8JX, Derbyshire
Date: Monday, 7 October 2019
Time: 8:00am - 10:00am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
HSBC, one of the largest banking and financial services organisations, have teamed up with the British Chambers of Commerce and East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire) to bring you a unique event exploring businesses preparedness for the new trading environment.
Drawing on the experience of speaking to businesses across the UK, HSBC bring you this seminar to share insight from your peers and practical advice to ensure businesses are resilient and prepared to trade internationally once the UK has left the European Union.
On the day the topics will expand on the following questions:
- Has your business taken steps to prepare for a post-Brexit trading environment?
- Do you know the practical challenges that will impact your business going forward?
- Are your suppliers and customers concerned about how the new trading environment will affect them?
- Is your financial services provider proactively supporting your business in this time of uncertainty?
Exploring the business impact of:
- Human resources and staffing;
- Contract fulfilment and supply chain management;
- Regulatory compliance.
- 8.00 am - Arrival registration and networking over tea, coffee and breakfast
- 8.30am - Welcome from Chris Hobson, Director Policy and External Affairs, East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
- 8.40am - Welcome from our host HL Plastics
- 8.55am – HSBC Senior Representative (tbc) and Suren Thiru, Head of Economics and Trade Policy, British Chambers of Commerce (BCC)- Preparing for a new trading environment
- 9.40am – Questions for HSBC Partner and BCC
- 9.55am – Chris Hobson, Director of Policy and External Affairs, East Midlands Chamber
- 10.00am – Event close, please complete and return feedback form, networking
Who is this event for:
This event will be relevant to senior representatives from businesses who are importers and/or exporters, introducers (i.e. accountants or solicitors) and have a turnover of circa £2-10m.
Held in partnership with:
Many thanks to our host:
Confirmation of your booking
A full confirmation with parking and directions will be emailed to delegates approx. 5 working days prior to the event. If this is a paid for event, an invoice for your delegate place(s), will be emailed to you once your booking has been processed. We ask that all invoices are paid prior to attending the event.
Submit your booking today using the form below.