General Election Husting (Nottingham)
Venue: Eversheds-Sutherland, Water Court, 116-118 Canal St, Nottingham, NG1 7HF, Derbyshire
Date: Monday, 9 December 2019
Time: 4:00pm - 5:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
In the run-up to the 2019 General Election, the voice of business needs to be heard at a time of prolonged political instability and investment uncertainty. For this reason, the Chamber has brokered a briefing that enables the business community to directly engage with the candidates for local parliamentary seats on the issues that matter.
Following an address in which each Party will present its own vision of an incoming Government’s support for SMEs, businesses will be invited to interact with them in an informal Q&A session to compare their respective positions on a broad range of topical issues.
- Introductions and welcome
- The View from Westminster: the Conservative Party - Stuart Beswick, Nottingham
- The View from Westminster: the Liberal Democrat Party - Rob Swift
4. The View from Westminster: the Labour Party - Greg Marshall, Broxtowe
5. The View from Westminster: the Brexit Party - John Lawson
6. Questions from the floor
Benefits from attending:
- Compare and contrast the parliamentary candidates’ policy position on key issues;
- Understand the political strategic vision for the East Midlands and the UK;
- Gain an insight into the challenges the region's economy faces post-Brexit;
- An opportunity to influence as a powerful collective, using the Q&A to challenge the candidates on pressing issues
Booking your place:
Open to any business, this event is free to attend: to book a place, please complete the booking form below
Submit your booking today using the form below.